Bertram 20 350 chev (part2)

arfaname

Seaman
So after I had decided the six was a slug I managed to pick up a really good second hand V8.

Below are the pics of the the finished (almost) product :)

8 going in

emptybilge350.jpg

30112009009small.jpg

New pipes

05122009002500pix.jpg

In the hole

04012010500pix.jpg

After the facelift

arfachance701pix-1.jpg

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Bertram 20 350 chev (part2)

Love your work..... She looked so sad sitting on the ground without a trailer.... I think the only place a Bertram looks happy is the wide open ocean. :D:D:D

CTJeff

Seaman Apprentice

arfaname-
How have the trim tabs worked worked out for you ? what brand did you use ? automatic or manuel setup ? any pictures ?
Chow, Jeff

arfaname

Seaman

Gday Jeff, I installed the Lenco Electric Trim Tabs and havent looked back. It has eliminated the porpoising at high speed and allowed me to correct that terrible list in a bad blow. I havent so much noticed an improved hole shot but it jumped up pretty quick anyway. Sorry its taken so long to reply.

CTJeff

Seaman Apprentice

Hey arfaname-
I hope all is well down under, most of us admire your goverments bold leadership wish we had it.
Gettin ready to stuff in the V8 and assorted parts. If you have time lets get these threads going again.
Jeff

arfaname

Seaman

Hi Jeff,

mate, funny you should say about our government... Most of our country hate our current leader it seems (me included) and are looking forward to the change. It really is quiet embarrassing that the rest of the world is seeing them carry on like children and backstabbing each other.
Anywhooo... I bet they are not fisherman... :)

As for the Berty... mate not much more has happenned with mine. I have managed to find an engine cover and I replaced the old dunger trailer under her. I have recently swapped out the old raw water pump as the thieves at Jabsco wanted $125 for a mechanical seal that was 20mm round???? I decided to replace with something more common (still crank driven). I dinged up my prop on the ramp some time ago and was forced to buy another at $700 (ouch). I am happy with its water grabbing ability and holeshot but I have lost top end speed. I have replaced the Tacho to one I "trust" and gone over all connections. Its now reading well.

Heres a shot of here on the new trailer.

Arfachance702pix.jpg

CTJeff

Seaman Apprentice

Yeah, just like our Government here fighting like children every fix, is raise our taxes, while were going broke.
I was refering to your President telling the "guests" like it our way or get out. Shes got a real set of bobbers, its refreshing. Well geting ready to start real soon will post up on my thread then.
Cheers
Jeff

Last edited: