Need Advice re used bennington

hnicols

Recruit
I am new to boating (rented pontoons a couple of days each summer) and hate noise, what is better I/O or 4 stroke outboard -- any particular disadvantage to one or the other besides sound? Really would like something that if I am cruising I could still talk and hear others talking

have seen bennington and like them (and the few I have been on) thoughts on the brand -- others I should prefer?

if used, how do you assess price levels -- for example, saw an add for one close by, a 2002 Bennington 2575RL in good condtion FRESH WATER lake boat, Performance Package Tritoon Boat with Water Shield, has approx. 100 hours on the 220 HP Mercruiser I/O,Comes with a Dual Axle Hoosier Trailer with Surge Brakes, Full Canvas, Deluxe Console Package, Deluxe Gauge Package, 2 Pull Out Sun Beds, Center Table, and Depthfinder. Looks ok or better for a 2002 but has the world changed a lot since 2002 and is a price of around 21k or so high low or about right given age, grade and trailor etc?

nor2345

Cadet
Re: Need Advice re used bennington

I just bought a new 20' Bennington...couldn't find a decent pontoon used. The boat your looking at sounds like a very good deal. If a warranty doesn't bother you, the $'s are about right.

Mr_Shamrock

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Need Advice re used bennington

I bought one new a few years back and love it. Very well made toon! I have a 4 stroke outboard Yamaha F150 and that thing is whisper quiet. One of the few purchases I have made in my life that if I had to do over again I would buy the exact same set-up.