1989 Bayliner 2.3L Cobra Outboard Hose Clamp Dissconnected Leak Problem

areteirc

Recruit
Hi all,
This is my first post. I have a 1989 Bayliner 19ft 2.3L Cobra and I have been getting a leak when the boat is just sitting in the water. I put a submersible pump that kicks on and off automatically for the last 2 years to band aid the problem because I initially thought I had to rip the entire outdrive off to find the problem. On sunday while in the water swimming behind the boat I realized that a hose clamp had come loose on the 3 inch hose that has the U Joint inside of it. I am betting that that is where the leak has occured. My question is 3 part.

1. What kind of a job is it for a complete novice with mechanical ability to tear it apart and reconnect the hose at my
house?
(The hose is in great shape and not dry rotted or ripped at all. It looks like it just needs reattached and tightened
where the housing comes out of the boat.)

2. Where can I buy and what is the right MANUAL for servicing the boat for this job and maintenance in the future?
(I do not have an owners manual for the boat)

3. If I do have to tear it apart, what else should I definitely figure on doing while I'm in there?

Thank you so much in advance. There seems to be some really boat wise members from reading posts on this forum.

John