Owners Manual - 1988 Capri, Cobra, and Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, Y'all

The folks at Bayliner were kind enough to share with me an old copy of an owners manual for a 1988 Bayliner Capri, Cobra, and/or Trophy. I don't know if that's been posted here a lot, but it was hard for even them to find.

This is NOT an engine manual, but is the thing for the boat overall. Not a lot of detail, but good info on care and maintenance and a few wiring diagrams for the dash and the trim and all that, tank capacities, etc.

I would have loaded it here, but it's a 3MB file and it won't let me. So, if someone who can load it here thinks it's worth it, let me know and I'll send it to you. If not, and you are searching the forums and would like a copy, send me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

That way, another person won't have to go through what I went through just to really figure out just what kind of boat you have. LOL

Last edited:

trox

Recruit
Re: Owners Manual - 1988 Capri, Cobra, and Trophy

If you still have this book electronically, I'd love to have a copy. I just got a 1988 Capri with the engine removed. I can guestimate where everything goes but some pictures would be nice. EDIT
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

NYBo

Admiral

If you still have this book electronically, I'd love to have a copy. I just got a 1988 Capri with the engine removed. I can guestimate where everything goes but some pictures would be nice. EDIT
thanks
There aren't any pictures in the manual, just a few line drawings in addition to the wiring diagrams. Which model do you have and what are you trying to do?

BTW, e-mail addresses aren't permitted in public posts. Send Mountaineer a private message with you address.

partsmitch

Recruit

Hi I just got a 1988 bayliner capri last night 11-6-10 and its in need of alot of TLC
and I was wondering if you might still have a copy of the owners manual? If so would
it be possible to e-mail me a copy? I'm Mitch M. I Live in San Diego,CA. I've never
owned or had access to a boat so I'm pretty green. I Thank you so much for your
time and trouble.
Thank You.
Mitch M.

Xev

Cadet

:) We just got a 1988 Bayliner Capri and yes of course it need some help.

Would love a copy of the manual if you still have it handy

Thanks much,

Xev~

Xev

Cadet

Hello~ We also just got a 1988 Bayliner Capri and it needs a bit of love.

If you still are around and have an electronic copy that would be nice.

Thanks Xev.

jimmer80

Recruit

I just became the proud owner of a 1988 capri myself. While the boat is in overall good condition, it does need to have a few bumps and bruises taken care of. It would be great to have a copy of the manuel if you still have it. Thank you.

NYBo

Admiral

Guys, Mountaineer hasn't been around for over a year. You could try sending him a personal message; he may have the e-mail alert function turned on.

newboad

Cadet

Guys, Mountaineer hasn't been around for over a year. You could try sending him a personal message; he may have the e-mail alert function turned on.

Anyone have any luck with this? Also unsure but does the bayliner bass trophy have a 15 Gal tank? Where could I check this?

Thanks!

Hi guys. I'm back - and the boat is back on the water. I am not on here often, but HAVE changed the settings so I will get e-mails. :facepalm: If you need a copy of that manual, send me a private message and I will e-mail a copy of it to you. Sorry about the absence. :)

Poolvos

Recruit

Hi,

I recently bought a bayliner 1750 capri from 1990 and am missing the user manual.
Can you mail this to me?

Howdy, Y'all

The folks at Bayliner were kind enough to share with me an old copy of an owners manual for a 1988 Bayliner Capri, Cobra, and/or Trophy. I don't know if that's been posted here a lot, but it was hard for even them to find.

This is NOT an engine manual, but is the thing for the boat overall. Not a lot of detail, but good info on care and maintenance and a few wiring diagrams for the dash and the trim and all that, tank capacities, etc.

I would have loaded it here, but it's a 3MB file and it won't let me. So, if someone who can load it here thinks it's worth it, let me know and I'll send it to you. If not, and you are searching the forums and would like a copy, send me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

That way, another person won't have to go through what I went through just to really figure out just what kind of boat you have. LOL

NYBo

Admiral

Hi,

I recently bought a bayliner 1750 capri from 1990 and am missing the user manual.
Can you mail this to me?
Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

Bayliner changed the Capri line fairly significantly for the 1990 model year ('87 - '89 were almost identical), so the manual from '88 may not be very useful.

Poolvos

Recruit

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I had a look at the boat papers. Aperently the the boat was imported in 1990 in Holland but it was made in 1989. It is the one of the last of the older models.
( doesn't have the rounded side windows).

Thanks

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

Bayliner changed the Capri line fairly significantly for the 1990 model year ('87 - '89 were almost identical), so the manual from '88 may not be very useful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 1

Hey everyone - if you are requesting a copy of this, be sure to send me your e-mail address in a private message. The restrictions on this forum do not allow me to send it through iBoats (the file is too large).

NYBo

Admiral

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I had a look at the boat papers. Aperently the the boat was imported in 1990 in Holland but it was made in 1989. It is the one of the last of the older models.
( doesn't have the rounded side windows).

Thanks
Quite right! So the '88 manual will be pertinent. Send your e-mail address to Mountaineer67 via private message.

sterno882001

Recruit
Howdy, Y'all The folks at Bayliner were kind enough to share with me an old copy of an owners manual for a 1988 Bayliner Capri, Cobra, and/or Trophy. I don't know if that's been posted here a lot, but it was hard for even them to find. This is NOT an engine manual, but is the thing for the boat overall. Not a lot of detail, but good info on care and maintenance and a few wiring diagrams for the dash and the trim and all that, tank capacities, etc. I would have loaded it here, but it's a 3MB file and it won't let me. So, if someone who can load it here thinks it's worth it, let me know and I'll send it to you. If not, and you are searching the forums and would like a copy, send me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. That way, another person won't have to go through what I went through just to really figure out just what kind of boat you have. LOL

Can I get a copy? Only if you read the entire topic.

No email addresses in posts and you are posting an old topic. :nono: Please read the rules you agreed to follow when you joined the forum just a short time ago. Thank you.

I'm still here and I still have the information. Send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will send you what I have. You can't do e-mail addresses here, nor will it allow me to post the material online.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Have you read the topic? The answers are clearly given. Please do not reply to old topics and start your own thread. Click the Forum Help link in the sig below. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.