bayliner weight

ggermain

Cadet
Hey folks; I've got a 1989 bayliner capri 1700 with stock force 85. On NADA web site it lists weight as 1475 #. Also says value includes motor and trailer, but I'm thinking they mean dollar value. Wondering what boat and motor weigh??

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: bayliner weight

Actualy sounds about right for the weight.<br /><br /><br /> jim

Darren Smith

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That weight is a dry weight. it does not include fuel, motor (I think), and trailer. Figure 7 lbs. per gallon for fuel (round numbers for easy math) and around 500 to 1000 pounds for the trailer, probably closer to 700. A safe guess would be about 2500-3000 lbs ready to go, including trailer, motor, fuel and other supplies. As a side note, many trailers for that size boat are maxed out for GVW by the time you fill the tank, so check the sidewall on the tires for the max load, add that up, and check the GVW of the trailer. That should give you a good guess of total load. An easier option is to weigh it at a scale.

rwidman

Lieutenant

Originally posted by ggermain:<br /> Hey folks; I've got a 1989 bayliner capri 1700 with stock force 85. On NADA web site it lists weight as 1475 #. Also says value includes motor and trailer, but I'm thinking they mean dollar value. Wondering what boat and motor weigh??
Take the boat to a public scale and spend the $5.00 to have it weighed. This is the only way to know. Load it up with fuel and whatever else you normally carry on it. Try a truck stup, lumber yard, or recycling center.

Realgun

Commander

I think the Nada Boat weight is fairly close to the correct weight without trailer. I weighed mine just before I put in the floor and the weight was 1460 Lbs. Now it weighs a bit more and is almost complete. I almost weighed it today! But it started to rain so the kids and i did not get to go boating! :(

Realgun

Commander

How did I post in this forum?<br /><br />I swear Judge it was not me at all. :D <br /><br />Weighed the boat all weights are on trailer.<br />Total weight full fuel tank is 2000LBs ready for the lake. That includes trailer as it is hard to get bubba to take the boat and motor off to weigh it. LOL! :D <br /><br />To bad mods could not find that post!!!<br /><br />So boat is likely to weight 1475 in the water. Fuel boat and motor. Motor only weighs 255Lbs.

bassman_n44

Cadet

Go on e-bay. I see people selling Bayliner brochures that were handed out at the dealerships all the time. Kind of neet to have and they have all the specs. About $5. Just type in Bayliner.