For The Love Of Baretta Boats

• Locating parts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • how to install electrical components

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Haggamer

Recruit
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:I purchased a 1985 Baretta Success 19ft V-6 it needs only a few things done to make it seaworthy but this is the first I/O i have ever dealt with, So it seems like faith for me to come across this feature called iboats.com which seems to have a lot of helpful information on hand or on request from the forum, This has made my effort to get started with things a lot easier, So i will start taking a few photos for sharing with you, thanks for being here.

captmello

Captain
Re: For The Love Of Baretta Boats

Welcome! Make sure you ask your questions in the correct forum. This forum isn't very busy but please post some pics for us to see.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

My suggestion is to order a good aftermarket Mercruiser repair manual online. It'll be the best $30 you ever spent. Boat hulls are boat hulls. The mechanics are the heart of the beast.

Inboard outboards run great the first few years, they're fast cruising boats, and very economical on fuel. If properly maintained and winterized, you'll never wear the engine out. So many engine replacements are because they were not drained of water in the Fall--and they froze.

But, replacing bellows and maintaining gimbal bearings can be quite frustrating. My other suggestion is to make sure your engine is properly tuned and the running gear in 100% condition before you take the family out for a ride. Your boat is rather aged, and may require some attention. Good luck in your Spring maintenance.

StlFinest

Recruit

I to just bought a 1983 baretta its also an Omc stern drive v6 was very well kept everything works
Navi.lights bulge.blower n horn
all org.no rust dents r digs motor strts runs idles only has 268 hrs on it
But i to dont no much about this style of boat..i was on here looking for sum type of
manual you said look up mercruiser repair manual
would that be the same manual i would need for a 1983?? And another question i dont no if it was
winterized wat should i do to be on the safe side??i appreciate all the advice i can get.