cm5408

Seaman
Kinda neat. Anyone else own one?

89 SuperSport 200
305gm (5.0l) Volvo Penta Drive

blubayliner

Cadet
Re: what? a Baretta forum??

So what can you tell me about the Baretta? Who made'm? Where? Construction methods or design that is unique?

I saw one for sale.. but don't know anything about them.

blu

cm5408

Seaman

from what i know the baretta boats were made by baretta in the early 80's and then by Mel-Hart products in the late 80's early 90's. They went out of business in 91 or 92 (i think 91) as most boat manufactures do. their last point of construction was in alabama. construction methods were a bit cheap. they cut corners on alot of finish items ie the use 1 million staples to hold together most of the inside (seats, gunnels etc). baretta made a few boats. open bows, and a few different cuddy's ranging in 20 - 23 ft. most of the cuddys were powered with a volvo penta 5.0 or 5.7 and have a good power to weight ratio. the open bows were powered with anything from a 4 cyl and up.

keenyoung

Recruit

I recently sold my Baretta. It was a 1978 16 foot open bow with a 120 hp Mercruiser. It was cheaply made, but the engine was dead reliable for the 6 years we owned it. My only gripes were the wiring, and the fact that it was a tri-hull. Nasty on a choppy lake. Otherwise, it was a great family starter boat.

Keen

crashh_99

Recruit

I own a 1989 success 200 (has cuddy cabin) Bought it in 1996. Power is mercruiser 4.3L 4 bbl. Will do about 42 mph... It has been a stable boat for me for 10 years, but is showing its age in the interior. Cuddy cabin is very tight and mainly ends up storing things. Will be selling in 2008

Silverhwx

Recruit

I just bought a 1971 Baretta Ski Boat in great condition with a 135 Evenrude. I can't wait to try it out. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will.
Just ask and I will send pics via e mail. mmskmoore@msn.com