1982 Baja 16 ss

fasteddy

Recruit
Just bought this rig. It has a 1982 140 Evinrude. Where can I get bowrails and other boat parts i.e.decals ect. Also what is the best prop for overall hole shot and top end? Do you recommend a 3 or 4 blade? Thanks.

Dave

emilsr

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1982 Baja 16 ss

Problem 1: That boat has been out of production for many years. Problem 2: Just within the past couple of years Brunswick "sold" Baja to Fountain and then Fountain went bankrupt....so even IF any parts still existed (which they probably don't) they went away with the Fountain/Baja merger.

You're going to have to go directly to the manufacturer of the parts you're looking for, if they even exist anymore. Everything but the hull came from another manufacturer so you don't necessarily have to go through Baja for parts (is this way on most boats). As for decals, try eBay. There's a guy on there selling the old sunburst Baja decals pretty reasonably if that's what you're looking for. Great Lakes Skipper has some parts, but mainly for later models.

As for the prop, have you run the boat yet? Need to know rpm and GPS speed at wide open throttle first (at a minimum), then can advise as to whether a prop change would be helpful.

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Have same boat I'm rebuilding.

You'll find info about tuning your setup on scream an fly's forum

fasteddy

Recruit

Thanks I have tried everywhere on trying to find the plastic BAJA logos. No luck yet. Tried Great Lakes Skipper (No luck). The decals I have found, but really would like to find the logos. Going to run her this weekend with the two stainless props that came with the boat.