Who's got a Baja?

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander
Where's all the baja chat on here?

There's some cool chat on the scream and fly forum but none on here.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0

jay32827

Cadet
Re: Who's got a Baja?

I have a 1985 Baja Sport 164. It has a blown 1979 Merc 115 on it. Going to the boat show and gonna repower.

gwelter

Recruit

Just purchased a 1998 Baja Islander. Have several questions on its operation ?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iboats. If your questions aren't specific to Baja brand boats in particular....you'll get better responses in one of the main sections of this site. The manufacturer-specific sections don't get a lot of traffic.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

I've got a Baja! This isn't the best Baja site on the web tho... ;)

colsoncj

Seaman Apprentice

I've got a baja as well... offshoreonly.com baja's section is very good as well.

xc-600

Recruit

Here's my Baja...
I believe its a 1976 15 SS
I can't find much info on it at all.I have a 60hp merc (1989) and i am getting 42-45mph(GPS) out of it.I am installing a jackplate on it and may get a little more out of it...It's a great hull for top end speed because it has a nice flat pad down the center and theres no high speed wobbles out of it.
It once had a 150sx merc on it and would fly at about 80mph.
I still have some changes I want to make to it including looking for a bigger powerplant....It's rated for a 90hp but would like to go 110-115.
Check out "Baja Rosa" here....Not going top speed with 2 people but shooting a nice rooster....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtWWdW0GawI

Attachments

• my baja.jpg
    my baja.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 0

fastercat

Cadet

2003 baja 242 islander

Attachments

• baja marine avatar.jpg
    baja marine avatar.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 0

jjzepplin

Seaman

Just bought a one owner 1985 baja 200 sport with a 200 yamaha. It really flies. Not sure how fast yet as I am fixin a few items still (guages etc). Worked out a lot of kinks and can't wait to get back in the water with the new whale tail speedo and fuel guage. Spins about 6 grand and my girl wants me to slow down. (NOT!) It seems to have a good hull and the transom seems solid. Gonna move the fuel tank to the front this winter and some other stuff to make it plane better.Already planes well without mods And I am a happy man seein how my girl bought it for me...!!! SHE DA BESS !!!

bajablue

Recruit

Where's all the baja chat on here?

There's some cool chat on the scream and fly forum but none on here.
Hi I've got an 83 hls 184 bass boat, with an 83 150 hp mercury. (I think it is a black max). The engine is a "mixer", sans oil injection. Do you know where I can find some information on this boat ? She's clean as a whistle, but needs minor maintenance. i.e. Gas Tanks cleaned, motor decarbed, Steering cables; probably 2k of fixits.
Thanks,
Bajablue