Baja Boats

cgBosun3

Seaman
Re: Baja Boats

I have a 1985 Sunsport 200 bowrider pushed along by a 150hp Black Max. When the 24" Mirage really hooks up, I get just over 59.3 knots (65 mph) with just my skinny son along. Too bad I run in rough water with a load nearly all the time...the 24" is just too much for that, so a 21" prop is in my future.

She is all metalflake topside, silver, orange and red with a solid gray bottom. Very faded, but that's what teenagers are for!!

xrdirt

Recruit

Hi All:

I have an 1982 bowrider 16.5 feet long with a 92 Johnson GT150. I am at 4500 feet above sea level. With a 17" pitch prop (3 blade SS), she will do 48 mph (on the speedo) on smooth water with a lot of trim. Tried a 19 pitch prop and that worked just as well to pull up a 195 lb skier on 1 ski (me). Have not bought the bigger prop yet. Boat is rated for only a 120 hp motor but that litte sticker seems to have pealed off after 20 years. I added some transom reinforcement plates just to be safe. Does have a little torque pull at above about 38 with the trim up. I will try to get a photo posted. She is called the Disco Queen. Hole shot is as good or better than a Mastercraft in my opion.

xrdirt

Recruit

Here is the Photo

xrdirt

Recruit

How do add a photo here? My file size is only 220 KB and the message says that is too big. Help

xrdirt

Recruit

How do add a photo here? My file size is only 220 KB and the message says that is too big. Help

baja boss

Cadet

i`m on my third baja.had a 1984 19ft. with a 200merc. on a gil bracket, a 1989 226 sport with a 454 mag. now i`m in a 2005 275 with a 496 mag. h.o. why do the payments increase with length

woodcutter43

Recruit

I have a 1973 Baja. They sure changed their styling from the later years. The hull is great, has a nice windshield. Going to strip it down and repaint it this year. Then found out my motor has a cylinder problem. So looking for another motor or a way to repair this on. These boats are so light weight and fast. I will post more as I go along with the restoration.

Josh

jjzepplin

Seaman

Love my "new to me " 1985 " sport 200.! Can't seem to find anything about these. Has 200 Yamaha and SCREEMS.! Any one know if they came with a windshield ? Sure could use one at top speed .! Where might I find one?

Attachments

• DSCI0027.jpg
    DSCI0027.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 0

jota27

Cadet
Re: Baja Boats, a little help

Hello all, I am new to iboats and think it is a great website, you have everything here. I have had my 89 Baja for a while now and I just put in a 4.3l V6 and I am having trouble hooking everything back up. I have the motor aligned and in place, the outdrive in, new starter, new alternator but I am having trouble because I cannot be 100% sure that the gas tank that I have should be hooked up as it shows in the mercruiser book because it is a different kind of tank. also problems getting it to turn over using the key. I bought the boat from a guy near Clearwater because code enforcement was going to have the three that he had towed away. I am just stuck after several weekends of trying to get everything back to working order. Not sure what the engine he had before was, but I picked this one up used, it has no serial number tag but I went to mercruiser and the said late 80s early 90s. I also tore out the flooring replaced the marine grade plywood, re-fiberglassed it. Anyone feel like helping me out I am all ears, I am so ready to go out and get on the water and go skiing and fishing. Any pointers will be helpful too.

:facepalm:

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Hey bro you should post this in one of the bigger section of the forum, there isn't a lot of traffic here. Probably the merc section.

Also check out our party coming up in June in the activities and destinations section

V.I.Outlaw

Recruit

Hey, new guy here. wow no posts in a few years. I have a 1998 Outlaw. 540sc, b-1 XR drive with sportmaster shortie. I must be one of the rare sport boat guys lol.
Cheers
James

76RGH

Recruit

I got a 1982 trying to find the passenger side original windshield, made these out of plexiglass.

Attachments

• IMG_20130703_102211.jpg
    IMG_20130703_102211.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 0