Just Bougt 06 Azure AZ200...Pics

Quick VR-4

Cadet
Well, I sold my pontoon this winter and decided to get a deck boat because I wanted an i/o motor. The boat only has 65 hours on it and has the Volvo-Penta 5.0L with an S/X drive. Like others, it is sometimes slow to plain out, but has never been a huge problem. It has a stainless 3-blade prop so I am sure that is what it came with factory. I will look at getting a better 4-blade prop to help with holeshot this winter. I have already redone the factory stereo so it sounds a 100x better now. I am also converting interior lighting over to LED. So far after taking the boat out 4 times, I love it.

Things I need!!!!!

EDIT

Now for the pics:

Picture_016.jpg

Picture_012.jpg

Picture_017.jpg

Picture_009.jpg

Picture_008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jp10

Seaman
Re: Just Bougt 06 Azure AZ200...Pics

Sweet. I got an 06' AZ 210 O/B with Yamaha 175 HPDI over the winter. Love it so far. It's my first boat, so I am taking baby steps with everything. I also yanked the stock stereo and speakers, wired a 600 watt JL Audio amp directly to a 3.5mm ipod connector, 4 Polk MM 6501's in the stock holes, and a 10" Polk sub mounted underseat where the cooler sits. Insane clarity and (volume if needed.) No radio, tapes, or CD to fuss with...it's the way to go in my opinion.
We're not your wife, so you can tell us. What did you pay for it?

Quick VR-4

Cadet

I also yanked the stock stereo and speakers, wired a 600 watt JL Audio amp directly to a 3.5mm ipod connector, 4 Polk MM 6501's in the stock holes, and a 10" Polk sub mounted underseat where the cooler sits. Insane clarity and (volume if needed.) No radio, tapes, or CD to fuss with...it's the way to go in my opinion.
We're not your wife, so you can tell us. What did you pay for it?

I have a similar set-up as you, but I did go head-unit since I am running an ipod and sirius satellite radio. I have had to put weather stripping around all compartments to keep the rattles down. Clarity is excellent with the Polk's as I have always been an MB Quart fan, but did not like their marine stuff. The Polk's had rave reveiws and I am sure the 6501's are awesome.

My set-up consists of:
Kenwood KMR-440U head unit with USB and Aux ports on front
Kenwood KCA-RC107MR wired remote for swim platform with digital display
4 Polk DB651's in stock locations
Boston Acoustic G512-44 12" sub mounted in porti-pot (removed toilet)
Bazooka 10" sub/enclosure mounted under front seat
Kicker ZX700.5 5-channel amp running mids and Boston sub
Sony XM-ZZR3301 mono amp running Bazooka

As for the price, lets just say I got a pretty good deal;)

jp10

Seaman

2 subs, that's sick. Removed the toilet for bass, that is a man committed to his tunes :cool: The Polks have a premium sound, well worth the price. I went with a 6 channel amp and ran everything off of there....bridged 5 and 6 together for the sub. The JL Audio amp has much more power than advertised :D

Two questions: Since I removed the head unit, I need a DIN that fits the space to hold the ipod. Any suggestions? I have the face trim piece from the stereo for fitting purposes.
2. Don't believe I've ever uttered these words before, but....Would you consider selling your toilet? Assuming it fits my 210 O/B. Maybe we can strike a deal....filler cushion and a roll of toilet paper. I haven't used mine yet, but I don't really see a benefit to storing, inflating, and deflating it. Can you tout the benefits of it?

Tell me a bit of what you are doing with the LED lighting, level of effort and benefits, please.

Full disclosure...I paid $15,500 for the 06' in November 2009 with 47 hours on it.

Talk to you soon,
-John

Quick VR-4

Cadet

2 subs, that's sick. Removed the toilet for bass, that is a man committed to his tunes :cool: The Polks have a premium sound, well worth the price. I went with a 6 channel amp and ran everything off of there....bridged 5 and 6 together for the sub. The JL Audio amp has much more power than advertised :D

Two questions: Since I removed the head unit, I need a DIN that fits the space to hold the ipod. Any suggestions? I have the face trim piece from the stereo for fitting purposes.
2. Don't believe I've ever uttered these words before, but....Would you consider selling your toilet? Assuming it fits my 210 O/B. Maybe we can strike a deal....filler cushion and a roll of toilet paper. I haven't used mine yet, but I don't really see a benefit to storing, inflating, and deflating it. Can you tout the benefits of it?

Tell me a bit of what you are doing with the LED lighting, level of effort and benefits, please.

Full disclosure...I paid $15,500 for the 06' in November 2009 with 47 hours on it.

Talk to you soon,
-John

Yep, no toilet on my boat!!! Luckily it came with all the tubes and toilet, but they never drilled into the fiberglass for full install so removing it was easy. I figure why have a toilet when that is what the lake is for (#1 of course) :D

Yes, I am well aware that JL underrates their products and they are among some of the best. I went the cheaper route since I keep my boat in our neighborhood marina. I would not want to invest too much only to have someone borrow it and forget to bring it back.

Question #1. I do not think they make any din sized unit that holds an ipod. If you are satisfied with everything running through the ipod, this is what I would do. Get a waterproof cover with the tinted slide down glass which will fill the void left from your radio. Then look on e-bay under "windshield mount" which will give you a lot of results. However, it will show you holders for your ipod with suction cups. (http://cgi.ebay.com/Rocketfish-Universal-Windshield-GPS-Mount-RF-WSMNT-/380258000210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0) I mount my ipod on my windshield so it is right beside me, secure, and I can see what I am doing without looking down.

Question #2. Funny, no one has ever asked me to buy a toilet either :p I will check to see what it takes to make it a working toilet. I think it only had one hose and the actual toilet so let me do some checking. I would not sell you only a partial toilet that would take more parts to make it functional.

I love LED lighting because it is brighter and takes a 10th of the electricty to power. Switching over to LED can be very easy or more complicated depending on what you want. They make LED replacements for any style light so just pull your light and see what kind of bulb it is. Mine had simple wedge bulbs so I replaced them with these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-White-6-LED-Light-Bulbs-921-W16W-922-906-904-916-920-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ160468137678QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories). You can choose 1 LED up to 10-12 depending on how bright and in any color you want. You can get more complicated by replacing the whole fixture, but I like replacing the bulbs and they are cheap.

Brent

Last edited:

kashleyh

Cadet

love that boat. i have the AZ 238 that looks exactly like yours. if you ever need any replacement decals or parts direct from the factory, you can contact Cruisers Yachts b/c they just bought the Azure line. See parts dept contact info below. It took me years to find someone for new decals.

Keith K. Messenger
Azure Boats, Cruisers & Rampage Yachts
Divisions Of KCS International , Inc.
Customer Service Department
804 Pecor Street
OCONTO, WI. 54153
Direct Line: 920-835-6387
Customer Service Direct: 866-734-2770
KMessengerATcruisersyachts.com