Azure Boats Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard that Azure boats was sold by Benniington to the company that manufactures Mariahs (Sea Fox). Not sure what this means for the warranties that are active for current owners. I urge all of you that have active warranties on your Azure to contact your dealer or manufacturer. Went to my dealer and they still had no solid info as of yet.

azure 258

Cadet
Re: Azure Boats Sold

Keep us informed don't really know what to think of all this. Bennington just sold the Southwind line last week. I hope someone keeps making Azures. They are good boats just not well known. We love ours.

I am pretty sure they are still going to make the boats but my greatest concern is parts and warranties. The majority of Azures are still under 5yrs old and should have manufacturers coverage. Hoping the new owners or Bennington honor the warranty. I have seen no announcement of this publically yet but have confirmed it. I will post what I find out. Please do the same.

NCLakeboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Check Azureboats.com website, it now shows Mariah and Sea Fox links so now it's confirmed.

azure 258

Cadet

I hope thats a good thing. Don't know anything about Mariah or Sea Fox. The only problem I have is our Azure dealer went out of biz. And there are no Mariah dealers in my area. Would love to see one. I hope they keep building Azures.

I am sure they will continue to build the Azure line. It is 5 yrs old and was on the rise. Can't see why they would buy the name and not continue the brand. As far as Mariah, Sea Fox purchased the name and hull molds after they went bankrupt a few years back. They continued to use the Mariah name, but did not sell replacement parts for the Mariah boats made prior to the aquisition. Not sure what that means here but the good thing about the Azures are that most accessories (rail, windshield, cleats, etc) are interchangeble on all models. So I assume that if they continue to build, existing boat owners will hav access to parts.

NCLakeboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bad timing by Bennington to have started their fiberglass lines just as the boating market had peaked as was heading down.

Recently spoke with my former Azure dealer. They told me the Azure line would continue being built by the new owner, but without the former quality. Apparently, they wanted the name. My dealer is trying to obtain parts and honor the warranty, but is having trouble locating parts. They have begun contacting the various companies that provided parts for Azure. How frustrating!! A few years back I owned a Stratos when they were bought out after going out of business. For a year parts were not available.
We have the Azure 278 bowrider and love it, but this causes me to wonder is there no customer loyalty anymmore!!

I found out a few things over this past week. Sea fox bought the molds for the Azure line which we already know. The news is that all accessories(cleats, windshields, rails, etc) will still be manufactured regardless if they stop manufacturing some lines. One thing that Bennington did was make all these types of accessories interchangeable so sea fox will have to continue to stock these parts if they use any of the molds. So STLOUIS you will have luck soon with parts. I think the slow down is that an Azure has not been built since last fall. As far as warranties, either Sea Fox or Bennington is taking responsibility for honoring warranties/ I called Bennington and was directed to a "Mandy Hall" for warranty isssues. I have yet to hear back but when I do I will post the findings. I suggest everyone concerned with warranties on existing Azures give Ms Hall a call. I have no issues with the boat as of now but one of the reasons why I purchased the boat was the 5 yr warranty. I am looking into attorneys that handle such issues to do some fact finding on a class action suit should nobody take ownership of existing warranties. Hopefully the more feedback we give Bennington will make a difference in the outcome.

Murphy'sLaw

Cadet

Has anyone heard anymore about the Azure warranty? I'm looking at a 2008 AZ 258 bowrider. It has the Volvo 5.7 GXI Duo Prop 320 HP I/O engine. Any thoughts?

azure 258

Cadet

Still don't know about the warranty but I have a 258 and love it. Mine has a 6.2 merc and bravo 3. I think you would like the boat but with the warranty thing up in the air I don't know what to tell you.

Murphy'sLaw

Cadet

Azure 258, thanks for the response. I'm a bit new to boating, do you think the volvo 5.7 gxi duo prop is big enough for the boat?

azure 258

Cadet

I would say so. You said it was 320hp, that is what the 6.2 merc is. Mine will run 50 mph on the gps full fuel, gear, and 2 adults. Have had as many as 8 people on it and will still pull me up on a skis or wakeboard.

Murphy'sLaw

Cadet

Yes, 320 HP. Thanks for the input. Hopefully there will be some clarity on the warranty soon as it looks like a great boat.

hemijosh

Recruit

wow finnaly i found a azure site.im also getting water in my boat.i bought a 2008 240 with the 5.0 and had trouble out of the hole.so then delt directliy with azure because the dealer was a idiot.point breeze marine in ny.so they sent me trim tabs.big help.then the boat sank due to ruff weather over nite and driving bow in was a bad idea,so anyways ins paid to fix it and just got all parts before they closed.ended up putting a new motor from mercruser in wich was a383 strocker and what a difference.60 mph no prob.just need to figure were im getting water in from like 20 gallons after about 4 hrs,other than that i love the boat and get alot of complaments.

Murphy'sLaw

Cadet

I heard from Sea Fox/Mariah rep and it doesn't sound like they'll be honoring the warranties on the Azure boats they didn't build. I believe they plan on bringing the Azure line out again in the near future as a mid to upscale brand. A couple of bennington pontoon/azure dealers have told me the bennington company/rep. stated they would stand behind the warranty. Sounds like if you do enough business with bennington pontoons you may be able to support your Azure clients....

azure 258

Cadet

Has anyone had any warrty. work done in the last few weeks. How did it go. I had a seat mess up over the weekend.

mjomeara

Recruit

I own an AZ240 and contacted Sea Fox to find out about warranty coverage. Here is the response:
Thank you for inquiring with Azure Boats. Our company recently purchased some of the assets from the Azure model line and are currently in the process of incorporating the boats into our production cycle. We are very excited about the acquisition and have scheduled the first round of models to be unveiled at our fall dealer meeting. New boat orders and replacement parts will be available shortly thereafter. Our company is in the process of redesigning certain aspects of the Azure product and unfortunately are not in a position to warrant something we did not build. I would be glad to assist if you have any specific questions I can help you with.
Sincerely, Stewart Mitchell
Dealer Development Sea Fox, Mariah & Azure Boat Companies
Desk: (843) 761-6090 (843) 761-6090 x15

Last spring, (2009) I bought a new 2008 Azure 278. Had some warranty work that needed to be done recently. No manufacture is honoring the Bennington Marine Azure boats. Fortunately, I have bought 3 boats from the dealer that sold it to me (Cope Marine) and they are honoring the warranty and did the repair work. I love the boat and the quality. I'ved owned boats for 20 years now and know you never trust the manufacture.

ChristyC

Recruit

We bought a 2009 Azure 258 this winter in KS but live in OH, the local dealer already said they will no longer honor the warranty (they've been having trouble getting the reimbursement from Bennington). I guess we just have to hope nothing goes drastically wrong, other than this the boat is fantastic. I hope they continue to make such great boats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.