towing a tube/kneeboard

aussie01

Cadet
I have an Avon Supersport S4-00. (13ft, Hypalon hull, inflatable keel, wood transom, aluminum floor) The transom is rated up to 40hp, so I know power is not a problem, but I was wondering about using the boat for towing a tube or kneeboard. Can I just mount some heavy eye bolts through the transom? Will this put an excessive load onto the glued seams on the transom?

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: towing a tube/kneeboard

yes you can, but mount the eye bolts as high up on the transom as possible, and use lots of sealant .....

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I regularily pull a kneeboard with my 10 ft inflatable, no problem. I have pulled a tube, but was quick to find out that giving the tube a "whip" with a small inflatable isn't really that good of an idea.

I used a couple of bolt through bow eyes mounted high and wide like DJC suggested. I also use a harness between them with a slider on the rope so it can shift along the harness as you turn or the rider cuts from one side to the other.

Cheers,
Snow.

kikroks

Cadet

a tube on an inflatable now that sounds like you created a whole new sport . luv too see that in action with a 250 lb tuber.lol

cjr1971

Cadet

4m sr4 flooding hull with johnson 40 pulls well enough for water skiing, boarding, doughnuts and but only once paragliding.