HELP with installing wood floor boards

jmingst

Recruit
Just purchased an Avon R280 with wood floor boards. I cannot get them to fit in, what is the trick?
Is there a specific order they are installed?
Should the boat be inflatted or deflatted when installing?
Cannot get the boards to interlock.

These are the original Avon floor boards not a reproduction.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

breezeway

Cadet
Re: HELP with installing wood floor boards

If it is similiar to the Zebecs then inflate everything except the keel so the boat barely has air in it but has form. Then put the bow floorboard in as well as #2, 3 and 5. Then take #4 and slot it into #5 (stern) and raise #3 and 4 into a teepee for lack of a better term. Fit the slots together and then press down til flat. Then take the stringers and roll them into place on both sides of floorboards. Pick a side chamber and inflate it to 2 psi, then bow, then other side. Then repeat the process to max out the psi to 3.5. This allows the diaphrams between the chambers to properly inflate. Last inflate the keel. I use a 12v electric pump with adjustable psi as well as auto shutoff when you get to set pressure. Much easier than foot pump.

jmingst said:
Just purchased an Avon R280 with wood floor boards. I cannot get them to fit in, what is the trick?
Is there a specific order they are installed?
Should the boat be inflatted or deflatted when installing?
Cannot get the boards to interlock.

These are the original Avon floor boards not a reproduction.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

whywhyzed

Banned
Re: HELP with installing wood floor boards

you can download the instructions in .pdf document with pictures on avon website.