Johnson 90Hp Model J90TLCR Won't start or stay running for long

Jason12702

Recruit
I have a 90HP Johnson Model J90TLCR and I needed a jump the last time to the lake I made it about 1/2 around the lake and it stalled. the starter drive would reach out but not spin. Luckily someone came by and I tried to jump off his deep cell trolling motor and it would extend and turn but not start. I took off my battery and hooked up his it started. I put my battery back on and then gave back the other batter I made it about 1/2 and it stalled out. I am at about 10 volts fully charges so I assume that I have a bad cell, but will a bad cell cause the engine to stall running at a pretty good speed ? I do not have a voltmeter hooked up to the engine (Yet) but wanted to know before I start replacing things were I should start. I know a car can run off a alternator once started for a while but will a out board shut down ? I do not have any electronics other than the lights which were off and I disconnected the lights from the battery to make sure it wasn't a ground issue with the lights. Can a new battery solve my problem ?

Jason12702

Recruit
Re: Johnson 90Hp Model J90TLCR Won't start or stay running for long

ALso will the motor recharge the battery with this model motor ?