Should I bother with this Arrow Glass?

Bmore64

Recruit
Hello folks,

Newbie to this forum here.

Husband (Ken) and I just bought a boat home, and I'm wondering if we should bother with a restoration (nothing fancy, just water-worthy) or just trash it. We bought it ($1000) for the motor (newly rebuilt '87 Mercury BlackMx xr4 150 - yes, a bit overpowered) and trailer (decent, galvanized) NOT the boat. It's a 1975 17' Arrow Glass Cheetah tri hull bowrider. Good hull, but the stringers are rotten rottten rotten. Fellow ahead of us attempted to fix the floor and then let it sit for 3 years for the rain to soak in well. You get the pic. I THINK the transom is solid.

Anyway, the stringers run up under the bow. To get to them, I'd either have to take the whole top cap (or whatever you call it) off or attempt to just cut the top of the bow off and fiberglass, etc it back together (whatever it takes to re-strengthen it). I don't really give a hoot about the boat, so I'm tempted to try the custom job, take it to a lake, and see if it falls apart!

Any brainy ideas before I just haul it to the dump?

Big Pete

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Should I bother with this Arrow Glass?

Hi and welcome

Pics would help us decide ..

tboltmike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did you decide to do the stringers. Not a difficult job to do. I've opened min up and know what it looks like

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

Before you dump it.. ship it my way. gotta love an Arrowglass.

ColinCW

Recruit

Go for it!!!
Mine will be done in a month...will post picks.

weekender1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i have almost finished my arrow-glass cheetah she is an 80 and had to redo the floor,stringers,and foam, then reglass all of it in and also a new motor mount since she went from a inline 4 to an inline 6. i payed 500. for the boat and in total have about 600. more in supplies.