Arrow Glass Tarpon

koma80

Cadet
I thought that I was the only one that still had one! 72 model, 50 horse Rude Hydro-Electric,and stick steering.Ive also got a Matrix system with GPS.They just dont build them like this anymore in my opinion.The ultimate in fishing just stop,let the anchor down by the anchormate,spin around to the bait well bait up and put the rod in the holder prop up your feet and enjoy life!! Does it get any better than that?? Alot of guys pull up and look her over and talk about the old days but yet they have the latest and greatest.

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: Arrow Glass Tarpon

Hi there koma. How long is the Tarpon? I have the same exact motor on my '71 Panther and I was wondering how your motor is holding up. Changing the impeller is a royal pain in the butt, other than that I'm pretty happy with it. Does your shifting mechanism still work? I had to rig mine trough a 3-way switch because the microswitches in the contol were shot.

koma80

Cadet
Re: Arrow Glass Tarpon

Mine is a 15'.Shifts great but was rigged on a 3 way as well but I just bought another controller.Use a Johnson they have a different type switch which is still easy to get if you dont mind spending 80 bucks for thre little rascal. Motor is strong runs almost 30 mph on gps w/2 old fat people/2 batteries and 2 tanks of fuel.Not bad on fuel either averages about 6 mile to a gallon as long as you dont hammer on it too hard