Aristo Craft Nineteen on Flipping Ships

excalibur1031

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone see the Flipping Ships episode this weekend? Edwin McCain is a musician turned boat restorer who got his hands on an Aristo Craft Nineteen and restored it for a customer. It was not your average restoration, so it was a little scary watching the build. All in all, it was unique to say the least. They also visited the Aristo Craft museum in Georgia and took a ride on one of the Nineteens from there. It was a fun episode and if you didn't see it, check it out!

ziggy

Admiral
i googled that and man. they sure messed up a Nineteen imho... did i see that right, it has a radiator in it???? :eek:
all our forum members all have better looking boats than that monstrosity... oh, and i didn't like the chop top either... just my feelings about it of course..

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i googled that and man. they sure messed up a Nineteen imho... did i see that right, it has a radiator in it???? :eek:
all our forum members all have better looking boats than that monstrosity... oh, and i didn't like the chop top either... just my feelings about it of course..

I'm with you Ziggy. They call it a ratrod. Looked more to me like a rat turd. And with the helm plus the passengers plus the v-6 engine/outdrive in back all the time, I bet it has a hard time planing off. Just not for me.