hows everyone doing?

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey everyone, hope you all have been having a great summer of boating. We have been using all our boats all summer and loving the great weather Atlanta has had this summer. I hope some of you have been following and enjoying the current build we have been updating on our facebook page, should be done in November we think. The nineteens are really taking off in the ACBS world and collectors and restorers are getting into them more and more. its been fun seeing all the nice restorations at the shows. Take care everyone.

ziggy

Admiral
Hi Aristocraft.

i've only had a fair year this year so far. hard to believe i say that even.

had me about a month off from boating this year. :(. in mid july my gf's boy who was 23 killed himself. gf is pretty distraught still. only good thing about the time off was it was real hot here around that time and both me and the gf agree we like cool weather boating better than roasting boating.

as for my toy. all is well except i've lost 400 rpm between my last run, last fall, and spring launch this year. i've not found the reason yet. i take yearly compression tests and they are all similar, border line rebuild, but they've been that way since i got it. only thing that changed is i had my prop rebuilt over last winter. it'd be nice to put the old prop back on to see if there's a change, but i can't. i rebuilt that prop. since that was the only thing that changed between then and now. i just ordered a new prop, same number, same prop, just from the factory, not rebuilt. i see no way of finding out if that was it until i go back to what i had.

haven't done as much boat camping as i would like either. since her sons death, she's decided she's a born again christian i think. she goes to church on Sunday mornings. we liked to camp on sat. night through sun. morning. so since she's gotta go to church on sun. mornings, camping on the Nineteen hasn't happened as much as i'd have liked this year.

and then there's my poor boating cat Ollie. we think he's developed sea sickness. the last few times out, every time it gets wavy out, poor Ollie yacks. he still seems fine with the ride, but he didn't use to get sick. we like to take him out, but i think his days may be numbered if he's gonna get sick every time out.

soon we'll be giving the Nineteen the big test. heading for lewis and clark lake. gonna have 4 days on much bigger water than we're used to. hopefully that will be fun and hopefully no issues with the boat. i've been there late in the year before and if ya get hosed, there's no one to help ya out, there's no one else much on the lake.. yer on your own. oh and hopefully good weather...

glad to hear you guys are having a great summer. good to hear from you....

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello aristocraft, I've been using both of my aristos. Enjoying them greatly. The Nineteen I got a couple months back is a blast. Just installed smart tabs,but haven't got to try them out yet. I'll be acquiring some stuff from you folks a little later for the nineteen. Thanks for keeping some parts available.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ziggy ,sorry to hear about your gfs son. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Have missed reading your posts on here. You've kept this site alive alot of the time. jim

ziggy

Admiral
thanks for the kind thoughts Jim.

thanks for the comment on my posts, i just want to let everyone know how cool they are. i do love my nineteen and would recommend anyone to get one. if i can help someone out with theirs, i want to do that. looks like yer here for the same. i'll also say thanks for your posts too. your picking up where i've left off. you've got some really nice AristoCrafts. nicer than mine i do believe, + i love yer funliner. very sweet boat. i've not really done much to mine is the last couple years, other than use it. i did finally get my prop in the other day. hoping to go give it a try today or tomorrow. hope that's where i lost my 400 rpms at. guess i'll find out soon enough...

btw, i'm jim too.... :)...

jim

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the complements ziggy. I actually was wishing my trim was as nice as yours LOL .My nineteen takes a good picture,but it needs some trim work. The aluminum outside trim is oxidized and dull. I'm going to strip all the anodized off of it this winter and buff the trim out unless I hear of a way to bring back the shine without having to do that. I'll prolly end up getting some new windshields from AC later, but for now ,what I have is fair . It's just like all my other junk...a work in progress..LOL.

ziggy

Admiral
ha, now i'm happy.
got my rpms back. took lime time out yesterday with my boy. first wot run and my tach read 4300. perfect.

i sure am displeased with the prop shop who redid my old prop. all i told them to do was clean up the dinged edges and repair some cavitation burn. they did that, and it does look nice. but they obviously changed something about the dimensions. it performs like the 21p props i already have and don't use.

i replaced the prop with the exact same prop, same part number as the old one.

14.5'' x 19p aluminum.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ziggy,
Glad you found the problem, as soon as i read your post I was thinking they added pitch or cup and dropped the RPM's that much.
Also I am sorry to hear about your GF. That is truly tragic, prayers sent for her.
I wonder what ollie is thinking! It would be interesting to ask a vet what is going on, such as an inner ear issue like on humans?

Also if there is anything, such as the prop and loss of RPM, please just email me and I can get right back to you, happy to help you out however I can.

Take care everyone!

ziggy

Admiral
Glad you found the problem, as soon as i read your post I was thinking they added pitch or cup and dropped the RPM's that much.
i think that's the case too. not what i suspected though since i told them the prop was right for me and to fix it back to oem spec. obviously it's not...

Also I am sorry to hear about your GF. That is truly tragic, prayers sent for her.
thanks, she needs it. it's been 2 months now and she's no better mentally imho. she's way not over it yet.... i'll give her plenty of time. like years i'm guessing.

I wonder what ollie is thinking! It would be interesting to ask a vet what is going on, such as an inner ear issue like on humans?
interesting thought. ollie does have senstive ears. more so than any of my other cats. good idea to talk to the vet about this. thanks.

Also if there is anything, such as the prop and loss of RPM, please just email me and I can get right back to you, happy to help you out however I can.

Take care everyone!
thanks. you folks are great! :)

bugdewde

Cadet
I, too, didn't get much lake time this summer.
-First outing was July 5th. Wonderful weather, surprisingly cool and clear for around here. (see my post with pics)
-Second outing was August 22, a short run for GPS speed testing the 23 pitch prop that I had to on the boat (see post with video)...... to compare to the 25 pitch I planned to install.
-Third outing was Sept. 18th. The speed test of the 25 pitch prop. (see post with video)

I hope to make at least a couple more runs to view the fall leaves in October.... nice ....with the top closed to keep the chill off and some sweats on to hold the heat in.
I'm hoping to get the instrument cluster off this winter to install some bulbs for the gauges. Attempted this past winter, but I can't seem to remove the steering wheel.