Ski hook

Fred1974

Recruit
Has anybody installed a Ski hook on there 19? If you have can you post some picture of where and how you braced it, I would like to install one on top of the rear deck centered behind the center exhaust port.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Fred

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Ski hook

i was gonna say i've never seen what yer looking for. however. when i goggled aristocraft nineteen i did indeed find a pic of one with a ski tow pole installed. here's a link to it. i've no idea how they supported it. as ya know. it's just thin deck at the point that's mounted at. maybe some reinforcing under the deck back to the transom. i don't know. but it's has been done apparently. have ya contacted Bill or Scott to see what they have to say about this idea?

edit
if ya put some of them pics into paint and blow them up. i can see that the ski pole is supported by the transom. it looks to be thru bolted. ya can see the fasteners just above the drive cut out. and in the engine pic, ya can kinda see the bracket they made that goes back to the transom.

Last edited:

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Let me dig up a picture of how we install them. Very simple and adds a nice attachment point. project costs around $30.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

here ya go

Attachments

• tow hook.jpg
    tow hook.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1
  • tow hook 2.jpg
    tow hook 2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1

Fred1974

Recruit

The position of this hook looks good and stout. Do you use the standard rear plate or do you go a bit bigger for added strength?

Thanks Fred

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The standard rear plate, the studs go all the way through the transom where the glass is double thick there and provides the strength. so far two years of antics from the tow hook and all is well.

ziggy

Admiral

looks like another great idea from AristoCraft. way to go.
that ski tow hook don't even interfere with the aft curtain. + ya can't hardly even see the modification.

myself, i don't ski much anymore. but in case i do feel inclined. i use a tow harness. but that's what i grew up using anyways. so it don't seem so bad for me.