New Nineteen Owner starting Restoration

Fred1974

Recruit
Hello all, we just purchased a 1974 19 HT 165HP. The hard top is coral red and haul is off white. All the seats are original but pretty faded with some tears. I bought the boat to use for fishing and a lake cruiser for my wife and I. I'm working thru some issues but fill pretty good overall. All keep everyone posted on the progress and post some pics of the project soon.

Last edited:

ziggy

Admiral
Re: New Nineteen Owner starting Restoration

welcome Fred. iboats is a great place for some help with your restoration. from mechanical to boat repairs. there's a wealth of info here and the people are always real nice. i think folks that frequent iboats just like boats and wanna share our experiences.

i'll look fwd to your pics. keep us updated on what your needing to repair and how you accomplish it. if ya need help. there's always iboats + in our case (were lucky) we have oem AristoCraft for help too. AristoCraft has been very helpful to me. for a start. ya might wanna contact them and see if any of your color upulstry is still available. so is, some isn't, but it's worth asking.

congrats on your new boat. ya got a well designed, quality, unique boat. this was my 7th year with mine and i still think it's the best thing since sliced bread. no other boat can do what ours does imho.
oh, and they are very sea worthy too. i've had mine out in some pretty adverse weather and so far i always come out unscathed... :D