Removing the Hard Top

jandd7

Cadet
My family prefers the Hard top off of our nineteen during the summer. It takes two people to handle getting it on and off. Has anyone come up with an easier way that they can share.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Removing the Hard Top

make sure you spray wd-40 in the tracks to help it slide. Since you will only do it twice a year, theres not really a better solution then just muscling it off. If you have the right hardtop slides (instead of door hinges or something) it makes it much easier too

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Removing the Hard Top

I always got mine slid back to where it would come out of the slides. I'd get under the top, move around until it was balanced on my shoulders, and stand up.

If you did have a garage or boat house, you could rig up some pulleys (block and tackle) to lift it straight up.

I only kept my top on my Aristocraft in the Fall and early Spring. It was too loud inside with it on.

I would be interested to see how fast that boat would have been with a modern 4.3 Mercruiser motor/outdrive mounted in it. Mine was pretty efficient @ 44 mph with a 140 hp and a 21 pitch prop.