Any original Nineteen owners out there?

bigTN

Recruit
My first forum post. My dad purchased the Nineteen I have when I was 3 in 1970 at The Atlanta Boat Show. Are there any other original owners out there?

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Any original Nineteen owners out there?

My first forum post.
welcome bigTN.
this is a pretty good place to hang out if your into boating. also, the only AristoCraft forum i'm aware of too.
as for your question. i'm not the original owner of mine. i might be second though. i just found out from AristoCraft that my boat was originally shipped to rapid city, SD. that's where i got it at. however i never met the owner as mine was a consignment sale from the dealer in rapid city.
congrats on keeping your nineteen in the family for 43 years. that's a pretty darn good recommendation for someone looking to buy a nineteen i'd say. your family must be very satisfied with the boat. for 43 years says a lot about the boat. way to go.

bigTN

Recruit

welcome bigTN.
this is a pretty good place to hang out if your into boating. also, the only AristoCraft forum i'm aware of too.
as for your question. i'm not the original owner of mine. i might be second though. i just found out from AristoCraft that my boat was originally shipped to rapid city, SD. that's where i got it at. however i never met the owner as mine was a consignment sale from the dealer in rapid city.
congrats on keeping your nineteen in the family for 43 years. that's a pretty darn good recommendation for someone looking to buy a nineteen i'd say. your family must be very satisfied with the boat. for 43 years says a lot about the boat. way to go.

Although my Nineteen is in amazing shape, I would like to have some of the spider web tiny cracks taken out of the gelcoat and new wood grain sides installed over the original. Any idea of where to have this done? I live in Nashville. Thanks!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You can post the gel coat question in the boat restoration section. Tale some pics to show them what you need to fix.

I don't know what Aristocraft used for the wood pattern on the side walls. I know the Texas sun did mine in along with the same to the gel coat.

You could try contacting Aristocraft at Aristocraft Boats. They are still in business making original wood boats, but still have some 9Teen parts.

bigTN

Recruit

Oops! I'm already breaking the rules I read! Sorry about that-I will post my last question in the repair/restoration section. I do know Aristocraft is still making some boats and have met Bill and had the tour-was so cool to see a Nineteen brand new in the museum. Thanks!

GA_Boater

You didn't break any rules. I was just suggesting the resto section to get good answers. A/C 9teens are classics and it's good to keep them alive. I wish I still had my '72 9Teen.

bigTN

Recruit

How do I get to the Aristocraft restoration section? I have a worrysome transom leak that a mechanic said was the transom going bad (I have my doubts). Thanks!

GA_Boater

The resto section is generic for all boats. Nice thing about it is the big guns hang there and a leaky transom is a leaky transom. As far as your prob, it could be a bad transom, bad bellows or even the shift cable seal - I'm no I/O expert by any means.

The link for resto section - Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ga boater is right. If someone came to me with a water leak the LAST place i would start or assume would be a bad transom. The FIRST place i would start would be the shift bellows, and the drive shaft bellows next. there is a seal that goes around the transom plate where it mounts to the boat, but i have seen FAAAAAAAAR more boats with a torn bellows. If it were me i would tilt the drive all the way up, then take a very good look at the rubber bellows (look like accordian boots) under the drive. pay special attention to the little one on the starboard side, and the biggest top one. the bottom one is simply the exhaust.

bigTN

Recruit

Thanks Aristocraft. I will have my mechanic take a look at these things first. I hope that's all it is.

Blitzgs

Cadet

I had a leak that drove me crazy for some time. I also had a bad gimball bearing. The torn bellow was the issue with both problems. The torn boot caused the gimball bearing to go bad and it also caused the leak.