Whats your hull number?

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey everyone,
I am doing some research in some of the original productions books and need some help. I need some people with different color 9-teens to send me your hull number and your original upholstery color, and hardtop color.
I would like to get one each of the colors represented if possible, such as lime green, orange(coral) blue, green (olive) ect.
you can either post it here, or email me.
Thanks!!

Scott

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Whats your hull number?

morning Scott,
i'd love to help your research along.
Lime Time has a lime green hardtop and lime green upholstery.
HIN is ATL10375M75K
IMG_0738.jpg

out of curiosity. what do all these numbers mean?
ATL i think is Atlanta Boat Works (AristoCraft)
the number between M and K, 75, is the year. 1975.
the rest i don't know what they mean. do the other numbers represent more info about my boat, that i might not be aware of?

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The numbers are a sequence of random numbers that really dont point to much. unlike cars where certain numbers are color codes ect, on HIN they are just identifiying numbers. On the new standards it is as follows

ATL, coast gaurd digits, the next 5 numbers are simply the serial number, followed by a letter which is the month built, followed by a number which was the year built (1= jan 2= feb) followed by the two digit model year.

However this is the current standard. it has changed a little over time, and the ATL10375m75k would be ATL, then your 103 is the serial for our records, then the 75m is 1975 model, 75 k is then when it was built.

by the way, your boats birthday is wedsday june 11th 1975. :)

lamphega

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1975 Nineteen serial # ATL30575M74E. Gold top and seats. We love this boat. Last year I got a new windshield and rear curtain from you. Love being able to still get parts. The 165hp I6 still runs fine. See my profile for pics. Thanks.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lamphega,

your boat matches our historical records perfectly, and its birthday is January 28th of 1975.

Take care!

jandd7

Cadet

I have two nineteens that are both registered as 1972. No hull id since they were made before requirement began. One serial number is 2855940 and its original Color appears to have been gold. The hard top on it does not have a rail on side at top or the big circular Aristocraft logo on the sides. The second 1972 I bought this weekend, sight unseen, as a donor boat but I believe it is too nice to use for parts and will have to start on it when I finish the first one. Its serial number is 3333166 and it has the original maroon interior and the hard top has the handrail and round logo on each side. Can you guys confirm that they are both 72's? Were there different options for the hardtops or is one of the tops from a different year?

Thanks for the help!!

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

3333166 is a 72 model, shipped to huntsville alabama. it was a may build. red int and top

the first one is earlier, as it does not have the handrails, 2855940 it is a feb. of 71 build, with gold int and top. also shipped to huntsville

jandd7

Cadet

Thanks for the info. The registration says the one built in February of 1971 is a 1972 model. Does anyone know if it makes any difference as far as insurance, etc and what you might have to do to get it changed on the registration?

bugdewde

Cadet

1979 Tan hull with Coral top and upholstery.
ATL91804M79I

Hull Number.jpg

Last edited:

retrovoice

Cadet

I've got hull number ATL30576M76G. I purchased the boat back in 2009, but it's been laid up for the last three years. Finally getting the chance to work on it again. Replacing the gimbal bearing, bellows, etc. I was told the original 120 HP engine was replaced with a 140 HP in 1978. Motor still runs strong, and hope to have it seaworthy before it's gets too cold this fall.

What prop(s) do you recommend for this boat? The aluminum prop that's on it has a lot of pitting on the leading edge near the hub.

Thanks,

Dave

ziggy

Admiral

What prop(s) do you recommend for this boat? The aluminum prop that's on it has a lot of pitting on the leading edge near the hub.
ya use the pitch prop that gets your engine to the top of wot spec.
for the 120 the boat came with the wot spec would be 3900-4300. if the engine is a 78 140. spec is 4300-4600. use these numbers with a grain of salt. we would need the serial number for the 140 to confirm that spec that i quoted. it came from service manual #3 which covers a 78 140.
fwiw, my 75 165 i use a 19 p and generally able to achieve 4300 @ wot. this may not apply to you and i have the 165.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

With the 140hp i would suggest a 21p. that should have you in the right area. some have run a 23 for better cruising speed, but you lose holeshot.

retrovoice

Cadet

With the 140hp i would suggest a 21p. that should have you in the right area. some have run a 23 for better cruising speed, but you lose holeshot.

Thanks for the replies! I forgot to mention colors in my first post. My boat is coral on coral.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

dave forgot to mention, your boat was born tuesday march 2nd 1976 and shipped to lacey's springs alabama

ziggy

Admiral

imho, use the prop ya got for the inital test for best prop for your boat.
see what rpm your getting with what ya got. then adj. from there. generally speaking, one pitch of prop difference is worth 200 rpm for aluminum 3 blade props. ie. my boat came with a 21p prop. i could achieve 3900 rpm trimmed out pretty far. too far imho even. i wanted to achieve 4300 rpm so i dropped to a 19p 3 blade alum. this accomplished what i wanted. i now achieve 4300 rpm.
there is also a prop forum here on iboats. many gurus there that are real good with how to prop your boat proper.

renojim

Seaman Apprentice

Hey Scott
Boat is registered as a 72, no HIN. Serial # 3413279 Red top with red interior, 165 Mercruiser inline 6. Purchased new Red & White interior from you a few months back. Didn't get the chance to install yet. Hopefully over this winter.

My HIN number isvin number.jpg ATL31974M733, sorry its hard to read. I bought the boat out of a farm field near Indianapolis. It's on a Holtzclaw trailer that is made in Indiana.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know this thread is kinda old,but was wondering if Aristocraft would tell me what year my 19 is? It's registered as a 1975 model,but if I'm understanding correctly, it's actually a 1976 model. The # is ATL30276M75E . Any ideas appreciated.