Aristocraft web site not responding, anyone else have problems.

Oldrod 47

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Have not been able to get into Aristocraft's web site, Title page comes up but not able to pull up any thing else.

Anyone else having a problem

renojim

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Aristocraft web site not responding, anyone else have problems.

No problem here. Was able to open different sections.

Oldrod 47

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Switched to firefox, problem solved. Arggggggggg IE strikes again

bugdewde

Cadet

This should make it work.
I found this out on my Vega/H-body forum. Seems the newer browsers don't work very well with older website software. So they have a "Compatibility View" button up in the address bar to help out with viewing older sites.

When you go to the AristoCraft website, simply click on the "broken page" looking figure up in the address bar.....
circled in red here:
Compatibility View.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This problem was 16 months ago. I'm sure it's working now so why post to a dead thread?

bugdewde

Cadet

It's not a dead thread if it's a valid issue.
The AristoCraft website doesn't work with newer Windows Internet Explorer browsers..... mine didn't work and I just got on this site for the first time a couple days ago... I run Vista with IE9.... so it certainly is NOT working correctly now, as you stated.

Hopefully, new members(such as myself) with newer/later versions of Internet Explorer will see this post and be able to see Scott's website and sing praises of iboats.com forum, further growing the iboats community, as well as Scott's(Aristocraft) business, too.

Why, you ask?
Just trying to help out...... Not everyone wants to download and run Mozilla, Chrome or other web browsers when a simple click of the Compatibility View button will solve the problem.
Cool?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Read the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up. It is a dead thread and should have stayed dead. You do have the option of starting a new thread or contacting Aristocraft to fix it on their end. They are a business after all, let them fix it.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bugdewd, thanks for that helpful link about how to let newer systems view older websites. I (we) and not computer literate at all, so this was of great help, and hopefully I can pass it on to other who are using IE.

Again thanks for your help and welcome to the forum!