show your aristocraft pics

ziggy

Admiral
this idea was suggested by another aristocraft owner. seems like a good idea to me so i'm gonna start it...
so, post up pics of your aristocraft. don't matter the condition. they are all cool.. if ya got a brief description of what were looking at, that'd be cool too.

DSCF5094.jpg

at my local watering hole. kinda a funny shot. i know i must be onboard somewhere, but i sure don't see me...

JollyRancher_05-1.jpg

JollyRancher_06.jpg

a missouri river run...

IMG_5345.jpg

night boating at the local watering hole again, my sweety must have been getting ready for bed. she's got her super sleeper lounge/bed out....

pmiesbauer

Recruit
Re: show your aristocraft pics

Here's a couple of mine: A 1965 Funliner

Attachments

• DSC01198(rev 1) cropped.jpg
    DSC01198(rev 1) cropped.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT1556.jpg
    PICT1556.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0261 cropped.JPG
    IMG_0261 cropped.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Boat pictures 5-19-07 009 cropped.jpg
    Boat pictures 5-19-07 009 cropped.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1

ziggy

Admiral

great looking funliner pmiesbauer. looks like ya got a real sweety there...
love that blue... aristocraft sure did pick really nice (to me) shades of blue the their vessels. yours is no different. beautiful.

sure wish i had a front nav light that took a flag.. looks great.... i like the funliners that have the rear nav. light on the top too, like yours. does your top slide? i don't know since i've got the nineteen. i like the style of that nav light anyways..

ya sure got some great pics of your boat man. i see the funliner really banks into the turns. that is similar to my nineteen. unless i'm going pretty fast. then she don't bank quite as much.

anyways. great looking boat man. if i ever get a different boat. so far. a funliner is at the top of my list...

welcome to the forum too man. it's a great place to hang out at... if ya like boats... ;)

pmiesbauer

Recruit

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually been a long term lurker. Thanks also for the kind words about "For Pete's Sake". She been my introduction to the boating world and has been loads of fun.

I must admit, I've been an admirer of your boat. Love the color; noone has the guts to use such outrageous colors anymore! The nineteens have some great features. I've been thinking about getting one for some time, but can't convince the wife. It would be nice to have a little bit bigger boat!.

To answer your question about the top, it does slide back, but just a couple of inches. Nothing like the Nineteens. Actually, I don't even do that anymore; its much more structurally solid with it attached to the windshield. If I need some air movement, I open the hatch in the deck.

Markm1960

Cadet

I apologize for my ignorance, but photos of my 1974 Model Nineteen are about 1 MB each and I cannot figure out how to post them. Please offer your suggestions. Thanks, mm

Hi,

Here is a pic of my 1965 funliner 17 with a mercruiser 110.
This is the only pic I have of the boat at Home in Ireland.
The boat is outside at the moment as I need to clear some space to do the work on her.

Thanks Mark for you PM as soon as I start on the boat I will get the pics up on Iboats.

Attachments

• dec 2009 036.jpg
    dec 2009 036.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1

ziggy

Admiral

Please offer your suggestions.
hi mm. here's a link that may help explain the posting of pics. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=193245

i like the photobucket thing. it works pretty well...

hope ya get'er figured out. think i've seen your boat before, maybe over on fiberglassics. real nice looking boat, sure hope to see more of her. i had a pic of mine there too, but since it didn't have fins. i felt rejected over there so i removed it.

steve0361

Recruit

Here are some pics of my '63 funliner. I'm thinking about selling her. It is a solid boat with good dash, gauges, and windshield. It just needs a motor. It sits on a Wesco trailer with new tires and wheels. Needs a new wind up winch.

FFScott6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Check this "trophy" hehehe

My brothers friend had it sitting in the woods kinda covered and almost half full of mmm muck. Was hostage to a bitter divorce :-( Anyway, I picked it up after being removed from the mossy depths. Oh it was forgotten about for almost 7yrs so the story goes, shortly after a redo (not a restoration). But I came along and have a heart for the lame and abused.

It is a 1963 Funliner 17 it has had a1960 Gale Soveriegn 60 for many years. After about 20 hours on the boat and motor I determined that SHE'S gonna be fun. And boy was I right! So far, with a "gotta gitter runnin" tune up I got 24mph (by pitot speedo). This old motor aint great on fuel but we sure have fun!

We had it out in the upper chesapeake last fall twice before parking it. But in those two trips to the sand bar and beach we get a ton of questions. I could go on but here are my pics so far. As you can see I need a windshield and some real restoration but the important part is it floats and it's paid for.

Soon as I can shovel a path to it i'll start to prep it for our first full season.

Attachments

• MVC-671F.JPG
    MVC-671F.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-647F(1).jpg
    MVC-647F(1).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-695F.JPG
    MVC-695F.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-700F.JPG
    MVC-700F.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-701F.JPG
    MVC-701F.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 1

FFScott6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

By the way Steve...
Are ya selling her? Send me a private message if ya are. We'll keep this thread for pictures.

Capt. Susie

Cadet

Hey there,
Coming in a little late...but here are a few "before" pics. 1975 nineteen. Cleaned her up and shopping for a new engine. Fingers crossed to have her out on the water this summer! (It's probably been 20 years since the last time this boat was on water)

Susie

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mark,
Photo bucket is by far the easiest for me to use. you simply set up an acount, load your photos there. Now when you put your mouse over one of you images at photobucket a drop down menu shows up and the one at the bottom says IMG. simply copy and paste that URL into a reply you post on here and the photo magically shows up :)
p.jpg

aaa.jpg

ziggy

Admiral

love that blue Capt. Suzie.
Cleaned her up and shopping for a new engine.
so was the clean up successful? what engine ya shopping for? my fingers are crossed for you too for getting out this summer. i'm hoping to get out too. i gotta do summerization yet though so don't even know if i have any problems yet..

aristocraft. love checker past. is that the one of 2 inboards i think i've heard ya talk about? what's it got for an engine? got any pics of the engine... that sure is a sweet boat... looks like lots of fun...

Capt. Susie

Cadet

Hey Ziggy! Thanks:) The clean up was great, the seat skins were all in really good shape, just replaced the backing board on 2 of them. got some new sliders from aristocraft and got the top moving, thank goodness there are still parts available!
As for the engine, we were debating getting new vs. remanufactured, but the cost is a bit too high. I think we're going to end up getting a new engine block and building it up from there. I don't think we'll be able to find a new 120, so we'll have to get a 140 and see what we need to modify. Just started shopping around in NJ. A few of the places have guys just out to sell you a new boat. They don't seem to appreciate the value of a classic like the nineteen, haha!
Good luck with getting ready for summer.
Susie

ziggy

Admiral

The clean up was great
sweet. glad that all worked out real good for you. ya got any after the clean up pics? ;)
the seat skins were all in really good shape
sweet again. in talking with Scott over at aristocraft. he's enlightened me that this is one of the most important parts ya can keep in good shape to have a hip aristocraft. mine are 'mostly' intact too. love that emblem on the no seam seats... again, no seam. aristocraft was ahead of their time... :D
good luck in your hunt for a repower. bummer if ya have to have more hp...;) no one likes extra hp..... :D

A few of the places have guys just out to sell you a new boat. They don't seem to appreciate the value of a classic like the nineteen
i hear ya there. i know my local dealer was pretty cool to my requests about parts for my old boat, till he had it in his shop right after i got it... now he's hip and understands. not that he'd not like to sell me a new baja, but he understands why i don't want to change... :cool:

jdubs123

Recruit
could you part with the windshield?

could you part with the windshield?

I noticed your thinking of selling your boat. First off what do you want for it and second would you be willing to part out the windshield? I'm looking for one with no cracks and clear. what shape is yours in? you can email me at JONATDAVIS@YAHOO.COM. my name is Jon. Thanks for your time in replying to my questions.
Here are some pics of my '63 funliner. I'm thinking about selling her. It is a solid boat with good dash, gauges, and windshield. It just needs a motor. It sits on a Wesco trailer with new tires and wheels. Needs a new wind up winch.

classicfins

Cadet

Great thread!

I just rescued a 70's Aristocraft Nineteen from a pine thicket it had been sitting in for the last 10 years or so. I had a '75 model back about 20 years ago and loved it so I am glad to have found this one. Engine is shot, but I plan on replacing the original engine/outdrive with a later model V8 setup once I get to that point. I was told the original seat covers were still available. If that's true can someone point me int he right direction? Thanks everyone!

Doug

Attachments

• aristocraft_0002.jpg
    aristocraft_0002.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3
  • aristocraft_0006.jpg
    aristocraft_0006.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 3
  • aristocraft_0009.jpg
    aristocraft_0009.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 3
  • aristocraft_0013.jpg
    aristocraft_0013.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 3
  • aristocraft_0017.jpg
    aristocraft_0017.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 3

ziggy

Admiral

way to go classicfins. nice find. looks like a late 70's version with the landau top and the mercruiser 470 version engine. from what i read, ya wont be unhappy ditching the 470 maint wise. though i here they were some torque monsters for their size. pretty good engine hp and weight wise for a nineteen. i think the 470 was the largest engine aristocraft used in their boats. put a v8 in it... :eek: and wow, that things gonna haul a**. be carefull... ;)

Ricks Project

Seaman Apprentice

Great find classicfins!!! Isn't it amazing what you can find in a pine thicket? Give Bill or Scott a call at aristocraftboats.com and they can tell you if they have the seat skins. From what I've been reading here, they give alot of support on the 19's and the 18 that I have.

Keep the pics coming and let us know how the project is progressing.