show your aristocraft pics

dahooke

Recruit
Re: show your aristocraft pics

I am the proud owner of two 9 teens, I bought my first 1969 (green) last year and have started to restore her, I just bought my second 1977 (gold) last week, both 165's. Both had been sitting for over 10 years, the yellow one we had to dig the top out of the farmers field. Drove 800 miles round trip each to get them but worth every minute. We have had so much fun on the lake with them and get compliments every time we take them out. This summer I plan on a full restoration. I will upload as I go.

IMG_0086.jpgIMG_0085.jpgIMG_0089.jpgIMG_0087.jpg

ziggy

Admiral

great looking boats dahooke. specially that green one. i think that's the first green one that i've seen. very nice. unique.

look fwd. to your info ya find while your doing your restoration. if ya need help. plenty of folks willing to help here on iboats. least over the years they've helped me out a whole bunch...

so is that green one the first year of the Nineteen?

sportsmed

Recruit

New 9-teen owner! she has a 165/ pre-alpha and, although she needs some work, was worth the 7 hour one way trip to pick her up!

IMG_1024_zps17ca0963.jpg

ziggy

Admiral

sweet boat sportsmed. that's a real pretty blue one ya got there. i like the blue ones. partial to them even as blue is my favorite color. followed closely by lime green for obvious reasons... :cool:

cool, ya got the 165hp. L6 i assume? i've read they may be one of the best ever engines to have been put into marine use. i think it is. i'm on my second one and i love it's simplicity and torque. a very good and desirable engine to have.

so what kind of issues to ya think you'll need to be addressing? i could give ya a list of what i've addressed. but the list would be very long, so i won't. ;) unless ya wanna know. fwiw though, i will say much of my work has been on the drive.

so how far is 7 hours away? i had to take 2 days off to get mine. mine was found in rapid city, SD. 550 miles away. one day there, one day back. for me, it was well worth the road trip. as i've been having a blast for the last six years with my Nineteen. outstanding boats for sure...

congrats on your new boat. she looks great!!!

sportsmed

Recruit

sweet boat sportsmed. that's a real pretty blue one ya got there. i like the blue ones. partial to them even as blue is my favorite color. followed closely by lime green for obvious reasons... :cool:

cool, ya got the 165hp. L6 i assume? i've read they may be one of the best ever engines to have been put into marine use. i think it is. i'm on my second one and i love it's simplicity and torque. a very good and desirable engine to have.

so what kind of issues to ya think you'll need to be addressing? i could give ya a list of what i've addressed. but the list would be very long, so i won't. ;) unless ya wanna know. fwiw though, i will say much of my work has been on the drive.

so how far is 7 hours away? i had to take 2 days off to get mine. mine was found in rapid city, SD. 550 miles away. one day there, one day back. for me, it was well worth the road trip. as i've been having a blast for the last six years with my Nineteen. outstanding boats for sure...

congrats on your new boat. she looks great!!!

HELLO ZIGGY!

I'm thinking I may have to do some work on the drive too. I haven't opened it up at all but the video I got of the engine running sounded a bit rough...tough to tell really...so I pulled the trigger and bought it. As for the trip, it was 360 miles one way. Brentwood, TN to Knightstown, IN and back. Drove up that morning...got there, realized the tires were dry rotted completely, found some more and had them put on, filled up the bearing buddies and started the 6 hours home. Somewhere around Louisville, the rope holding the bow eye to the trailer broke and the boat started bobbing around on the trailer! Limped into an Autozone and the guys there saved me. Got the boat back on straight (it had shifted) and tied her down good. Home by 11:30 PM!

The boat had been painted and it needs to be redone as it's peeling in a few spots. A few spider cracks on the deck and engine cover but not too bad really. That will have to wait until I can get a real handle on the mechanicals. Als...Scared to death of the foam. Have you tackled that job? Not even sure I want to know!

The engine clearly has some water in the oil. When I check it, it comes out white. Funny thing is though, when I wipe it off and check it again, the oil looks good as new. Any ideas there?

Thanks for all your help!

Sportsmed.

ziggy

Admiral

As for the trip, it was 360 miles one way. Brentwood, TN to Knightstown, IN and back.
nice road trip. well worth it i'm sure..
got there, realized the tires were dry rotted completely, found some more and had them put on, filled up the bearing buddies and started the 6 hours home.
funny, i had that problem too. i opted to just go to the tire store right from the dealer i got mine at. they did new tires and new brgs. made me feel much better about the trip home for sure. fwiw. imho, brg. buddys are great, but when ya fill them up, they only introduce grease to the outer brg. imho, the inner brg. is the one to worry about. it don't get much grease from introduction from the brg. buddy. + if the seal is breached, the inner brg. is the one that gets the water first. i'm also a believer in repacking brgs. yearly. i tried to go two years, one time. i didn't make it. smoked me some brgs to the point there were no brgs or cages. almost a total melt down. needless to say that ruined my day at the lake that perticular day. instead of boating, i got to change wheel brgs. at the boat ramp. needless to say, i didn't have any replacements with me, so that was a trip back to town for parts. all in all, it was a real drag, let alone dangerous. just food for thought.
the rope holding the bow eye to the trailer broke and the boat started bobbing around on the trailer! Limped into an Autozone and the guys there saved me. Got the boat back on straight (it had shifted) and tied her down good.
again, funny, i had that happen too. though mine broke while retrieving out of the lake. i just tied a knot to the bow eye to get it out of the lake. glad yours didn't shift to much and fall off. on my trailer, i also have a safety chain along with the winch strap. i like this idea as it's secured twice to the bow eye. when i'm splashing and retrieving, both safety chain and winch strap are secured till the boats over water. i also have a roller trailer so this is most important to me. get on an angle (boat ramp) and i think my boat would just roll right off the trailer w/o much persuasion.
A few spider cracks on the deck and engine cover but not too bad really
i got that too. not real bad either. it's not the end of the world and it makes it no less serviceable imho. i mean, we don't have a new boat. it's wear and tear imho.
Als...Scared to death of the foam. Have you tackled that job? Not even sure I want to know!
i havn't had to do it. i suppose ya could weight the rig and see if it's close to proper weight, or if she is water logged. it may feel real heavy when on the trailer, hard to get onto the trailer. maybe sit real low in back when in the water. also, if it's got water, performance should be affected. ie, hard to reach wot, not plane proper, etc. i hear ya in not wanting to know. i check my alignment both fall and spring. i'm figuring that if i got water on board in the foam, the hard freeze here in NE. will effect alignment. if alignment is good both spring and fall, i figure all is likely well.
The engine clearly has some water in the oil.
i'd get the water out asap with a fresh oil change. read this especially the 2nd link about what to do for water intrusion. a merc service bulletin. i got water in my oil after about the first week of use of mine. my manifold was rusted through.

IMG_0624.jpg

that was the outside of my manifold. i figured i might be in for a replacement when i bought it. i just didn't know it'd be in the first week of use.
IMG_0653.jpg

this is a pic of the manifold removed from the engine. the water jacket filled with water. ya can see the trickle of water breaching the inside of the manifold. this introduced water into my engine oil. turned it milky. not saying this is your issue, but this was what happened to me. i did manifold and riser at the same time.
again, congrats on your purchase. hope to hear all about what ya got to do to keep her up and running...

Last edited:

BrianCA

Cadet

Hello all,
Just joined the forum recently and also purchased this '63 Funliner with a 65 Merc 650 on it. Plans are to redo all the trim and hardware and a repaint to some 60's color (undecided). Aristo 4.jpgaristo1.jpgAristo3.jpgAsristo2.jpg

ziggy

Admiral

way to go BrainCA. yer new funliner looks like shes in pretty good shape. a nice find for sure. ya should have a blast with that. i like the way them funliners are made. no wood for the most part. a good idea that i find desirable.
Plans are to redo all the trim and hardware and a repaint to some 60's color (undecided).
imho, i'd try and keep it factory looking. here were some of the color options available. no color must have been an option too as that's what ya got. keep it like it is? might be the ticket. here is a link to aristocraft brochures. lots of pics of oem boats from the era....
congrats on your new boat. she looks great..... oh, and here's the link to aristocraft. they may even have some new parts for ya. you'll just need to contact them to see what they got.

BrianCA

Cadet

Thanks Ziggy, it is in REALLY good condition as a matter of fact. I was planning on painting it one of the factory colors and was in contact with Scott(?) from Aristocraft who told me to do the same thing with the brochure colors.

It seems they dont have many (or any) for the Funliner when I called them two weeks ago. The only thing I could have gotten was a pennant. If anyone has any leads on parts, other than the manufacturer, I sure would appreciate it. I'm looking for a top (dont care hard or soft), guages, a flag staff for the bow light, hell even another windshield cause mine has cracks in the corners.

kfa4303

Banned

They all look great! I love the sliding hard tops. Very "aristo" indeed :)

ziggy

Admiral

bummer they don't have any parts for you. still good to be in contact with Scott though.
If anyone has any leads on parts, other than the manufacturer, I sure would appreciate it. I'm looking for a top (dont care hard or soft), guages, a flag staff for the bow light
generally speaking. a boat mfg. makes the boat. everything else is made my someone else. you might try your local upholstry shop and have them make a soft top for you. the gauges will be mercury gauges. a flag staff ya might be able to fab yourself. as for the windshield. might ask Scott what the original was made of. mine is plexiglass #2111 coke bottle green. i was able to obtain some locally when i was having trouble with ups breaking what Scott was sending me. your windshield looks clear. might be plexiglass too. Scott will know. over on fiberglassics.com. i seen a how to as for making a new windshield for a boat. don't know if it's still there but may be worth a look. or google?
have fun with her. she looks great.

BrianCA

Cadet

Does any one on here have measurements for the soft tops for a funliner? I want to get a bimini made and am looking to get it close to factory dimensions as possible. Pics of the bows would also be of great appreciation.

Markm1960

Cadet
Photos of 1974 Aristo Craft Model Nineteen

Photos of 1974 Aristo Craft Model Nineteen

See Attached Photos of our 1974 Aristo Craft Model Nineteen with sliding hardtop...groovy !:joyous:Lake Keowee April 2009 004.jpgAristo Craft Model Nineteen with Hardtop, Lake Norman Sept. 8, 2012.jpg5 Aristo Craft Model Nineteens at Lake Chatuge, GA photo 1.jpgAristo Craft 19 overhead.jpgFun 4 All at Lake Sinclair May 2011.jpg

Markm1960

Cadet

Does any one on here have measurements for the soft tops for a funliner? I want to get a bimini made and am looking to get it close to factory dimensions as possible. Pics of the bows would also be of great appreciation.
>>> I suggest you contact the Aristo Craft factory website at Aristocraft Boats they have all kinds of measurements, records, data, parts, advice, etc. Good Luck !

386kustoms

Recruit

hey guys first time boat owner here and i went with a aristocraft. i picked up a very dirty 63 for 250 bucks. im missing some pieces and confused about the windshield, i dont think its original someone must of changed it over the years. does anyone on here have any aristos they are parting or have parts laying around for sale
our boat (3).jpg