show your aristocraft pics

ramblinwreck

Recruit
1977 Nineteen

1977 Nineteen

Great Idea for a thread!! This boat will eventually be the 1977 gold and white color scheme, but for the time being we are enjoying it in all its red/white original glory. Here is the boat as I found it in Saratoga Springs New York, and what it looks like cleaned up.

Attachments

• family 343.jpg
    family 343.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 4

motherofdog

Cadet
Re: show your aristocraft pics

I LOVE seeing these photos. Ramblinwreck, I've been in contact with the Parasol company to make us Vinyl dye to restore our Gold/white 1972 Nineteen. I would be more than happy to share info with you on it.

H2Owens, PLEASE tell me you're bringing your Nineteen to the Charlotte Boat Show in September, I would love to see it. If you are close to Jacossee (sp?) and Keowee there is a fairly large group of antique/classic boaters that live in the Seneca area. Will share more info if you like.

Jerri

H20wens

Seaman

I LOVE seeing these photos. Ramblinwreck, I've been in contact with the Parasol company to make us Vinyl dye to restore our Gold/white 1972 Nineteen. I would be more than happy to share info with you on it.

H2Owens, PLEASE tell me you're bringing your Nineteen to the Charlotte Boat Show in September, I would love to see it. If you are close to Jacossee (sp?) and Keowee there is a fairly large group of antique/classic boaters that live in the Seneca area. Will share more info if you like.

Jerri

Hi M.O.D.
I didn't know there was a boat show in Charlotte. We live South of Atlanta. Any road trips that far North require considerable advanced planning and a long weekend. It sure sounds like fun. Wish I could make it.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello everyone,some very nice boats on here. Just joined so here's a little info. I have a 1963 Aristo craft Funliner with a 63 Johnson 75 hp electamatic. My Dad bought new. I've tried to keep it in good shape for all these decades.LOL Here's some pics
My%20boats
[/URL]

Last edited:

aramfingal

Recruit

very nice, i'd love to see some pics of the interior of that one.
its probably a bit nicer than mine:

boatinside3.jpg

just got a 1968 3 days ago:

boat1.jpg

its already cleaning up nice:
boat2.jpg

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Aramfingal, Your's looks good to me. Just needs some elbow grease and some cushions.Plus the blue and white makes a clean color combo.I see all kinds of potential with that boat. Obviously you did too. lol. I'll see if I can get some more pics up. jim
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Ricks Project

Seaman Apprentice

luva63,
Just a second while I wipe away the drool!!!!May I say you've done a fabulous job keeping her in great shape. She looks like she just came off the assembly line. I hope my 68 will look half this good when I'm done.

aramfingal,
Great potential on your boat. I will say that yours is the first 68 Funliner I've seen. Love the color and what I'm going to hopefully paint mine back to.

Great pics guys.

Thanks for the thread Ziggy.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Rick,what I've seen of your determination on working on your foam removal, I'd say your 68 will turn out great. Plus you'll end up with a pretty rare model (I'd think being one or two year only production). Good luck, jim

ziggy

Admiral

what a beautiful funliner luva63. like stated before, it looks new. very nice.

aramfingal, she did clean up nice. need any parts for it. like a hardtop. i see there's some fella parting his out on craigs list right now.. http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/boa/1917836437.html

man, this aristocraft forum is really hopping with some nice AristoCrafts...

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys for the complements. She's got some demons like any 47 year old boat will have,but the memories of my dad and I taking it to the lake makes up for them. jim

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

Got a couple of new pics yesterday.

Attachments

• 0901001617.jpg
    0901001617.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 0901001618.jpg
    0901001618.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 0901001619.jpg
    0901001619.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 4

Brianh

Cadet

Here is my 73 Nineteen. Not the prettiest thing but can't complain as I paid $200 for the boat and trailer.

100_1010.jpg

100_1012.jpg

100_1015.jpg

ziggy

Admiral

$200 for an all glass boat that runs and floats, ya can't go wrong. especially when there's oem support for your 35+ year old boat. not many boat mfgs that are still around for that kinda support. way to go.... hang around here at iboats and ya can get a lot of info on any types of boat repair. check out the adults only sticky at the top of the i/o forum. lots of good info in that thread.

Brianh

Cadet

I just had it out this weekend. Found out she will hit 40+ which isn't too shabby. Also might be trading her even for a larger sailboat but we'll see how that pans out.

ziggy

Admiral

Found out she will hit 40+ which isn't too shabby.
nope, not to shabby at all. i got the 165hp version and on it's best days it'll only do 43 mph gps. usually 41 or 42 though. that's with my base load on board though, which is quite a bit of weight.

good luck in what ya do about the sail boat. a sail boat has crossed my mind too, but man. these nineteens are pretty darn nice... + i know i'm really a power boater at heart..

Pogue

Recruit

I just stumbled onto this tread (site) and promptly joined! My dad gave me his 1964 Funliner that he had bought from the original owner in about 1983. The boat had the original Johnson 40 Super Sea Horse motor, but it quit working long ago. The last time my dad had this out was in 1985 when he had some engine problems that he couldn't figure out, so it sat in his driveway until I took it over about 6 years ago. This boat had a canvas top that had tears in it that after sitting for as long as it did had shrunk and became brittle, so I removed it. I replaced the outboard, trailer, wiring, lights, guages, and painted it. I was thinking about re-painting it this winter. While I was online trying to find different colors, I found this site. I don't have any pics on this CPU, but I will get some and post them. Basically I repainted the red in light grey and cleaned up the white.

ziggy

Admiral

congrats on your new inherited boat pogue. sounds like a nice boat. we'll be looking forward to seeing the pics of the work ya've been doing on her.

ya did stumble onto the right place too. lots of great info provided by folks that just love boating here. + several oem even frequent this site. including our oem, AristoCraft here on iboats.

Pogue

Recruit

Thanx Ziggy!

I found a few pics that I scanned in from when I picked it up at my dad's, those are the first few. I can't find a good one of how it is now, I'll keep looking (I'd take one now, but I need to give it a good bath first!). The last is the only pic I can find, its while out in Puget Sound fishing.

Attachments

• asitsat1.jpg
    asitsat1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2
  • interior1.jpg
    interior1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2
  • leaving1.jpg
    leaving1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 2
  • fishing1.jpg
    fishing1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello Pogue, I was wondering what size motor did you put on your boat and how it performs? By the way if you ever need any measurements to fix your soft top, I still have the one that came on mine originally, still in good shape (the hardtop I rescued from another boat .) Be glad to help if I can.