what does your Aristocraft run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh_booth

Seaman
Just curious what everyone else is getting out of their old Aristocrafts.
Today was the first time I was able to go WOT, but I was pretty heavy today, 2 adults, 2 kids, a full cooler, alot of fishing gear, and a full tank of fuel.
Here's what I got out of "The Old Man":
76 Nineteen, 120 Mercruiser
17P prop
28-29 MPH @3800-3900 rpm trimmed down for 1-2 foot rollers
30-31mph @4000-4050 rpm was WOT trimmed up on calm water.

ziggy

Admiral
but I was pretty heavy today, 2 adults, 2 kids, a full cooler, alot of fishing gear, and a full tank of fuel.
how big are the kids? weight? other than that, that's about my normal load too. 2 adults, cooler, and a full tank of last years fuel was my load for my first run this year too. i was a little disappointed as i only got 4000-4100 rpm. usually i get 4300. oh well, i'll try again another day. i was running in white caps for my first outing. while i didn't have a speedo (gps) with me, my speed is usally right in tune with my tach. so i hit 40-41mph for my first run out. usually i would hope for 43mph. lime time has the 165hp in it and i run a 19P 3 blade aluminum black max prop. my speed runs are always trimmed out as much as possible for speed. bringing the drive down for a speed run i've never tried, but i'd bet i'd loose quite a bit of speed and rpms if i were to trim in.
got any pics of yer boat josh? i just love looking at every ones Nineteen.

josh_booth

Seaman
I'll try to get a few up later, plan on doing some yard work this morning then hopefully cleaning the boat after that if if have time before everyone shows up for mother's day. Gotta get 5 acres mowed before I'm allowed to play

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Mine will run 43-46 depending on wind , waves and load

ziggy

Admiral
As for weight I estimate 800-900lbs not counting fuel
i guesstimate my load to be about 500-550 lbs. me and the 'ol lady and some gear, excluding fuel.
Mine will run 43-46 depending on wind , waves and load
yer a little faster than me luva63. i'd make the same statement but with 40-43 depending on.
'79 Nineteen with the Mercruiser 470 (3.7L) four cylinder. .... at about 4100 rpm.
15" diameter 25P prop.
man, that's just outstanding. you've got a fast one. and the proof it's fast too. sweet. i still can't believe yer swing a 25. your 470 must be in real good health. ya even had minimal bow rise from plow to plane, (like mine does too) when ya took off in yer vid. i'm very impressed. yer even on the high side for wot spec. (3800-4200). ya got a dandy there.... very fast...... i've heard them 470's can be some real good engines when set up right... yer's must be proof.

bugdewde

Cadet
Scott, at Aristo Craft, told me it was the fastest model they made. The original prop was a 15 x 25, but mine had been changed to a 23 when I got it. Took me a long time to find the right one.

I also have vid with that prop.
https://youtu.be/hXPKDmSAbYE
Here's 43 mph with the 23. But I didn't trim it out as well as I could have for more revs.

ziggy

Admiral
Scott, at Aristo Craft, told me it was the fastest model they made
i believe that, yers would be proof. did he give any explanation as to why that model was fastest? other than ya got the engine with the most hp of any put in Nineteens.
But I didn't trim it out as well as I could have for more revs.
yep, i sure gotta trim out if i doing a speed test run. mines trimmed out pretty high when i get my 4300 rpms. she feels pretty light at them speeds too while trimmed way out.

Aristo Bill

Recruit
I have a '72 Aristo Craft 19 with a 165 inline 6. We've got her up to 42 mph. Much work still to do. Love this boat, especially how it hugs the lake on tight turns. A great vessel. Still a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.