hood latch

josh_booth

Seaman
A few months back I bought a 76 nineteen. My engine hood has a latch on the back and a hook about 1/4 down on the inside on the front. Can anyone tell me what the front is supposed to hook to? I think I'm missing a part on the front of the engine, right now I have to use a tarp strap to hold it down

ziggy

Admiral
My engine hood has a latch on the back
that one i have too.
back and a hook about 1/4 down on the inside on the front.
that i have too. here's what i do with that hook.

just a bungee. there are two small holes down by the base of the ft. motor mount. put the hooks of the bungee into them holes.

josh_booth

Seaman
Thankyou, luva63 sent me a picture, he did the same as you, so that's what I did a couple nights ago

ziggy

Admiral
i've no idea if that's the way it's supposed to be. but that's the way mine came and it does seem to work well. better than screwed down. w/ the bungee and the back clasp, ya can outright remove the dog house if needed. never had a problem with mine moving at all... glad it worked out for ya.....

josh_booth

Seaman
By the way Ziggy, I love lime time, my nineteen is all brown interior and brown roof. Wish it was a color that popped like yours

ziggy

Admiral
thanks for the compliment josh. imho, all Nineteens are great looking boats. some of what makes them cool is that they come in a multitude of color schemes. not many boat mfgs. sell the same boat in different colors. maybe with different options ya can get something in a different color scheme, but not the same boat. us AristoCraft owners all have the same boat aside from engine package. of the few colors of Nineteens that i've seen. i think i've seen your brown in person at my home lake. it looked great too. just like the red one i've seen at my home lake. they are all Cool.
funny you use the word 'popped'. when i got lime time 10 or more years ago, that was one of my questions to the previous owner. does my lime green make your eyes bleed after looking at it for a long time. like ya do when your out boating. he just said to me, it'll grow on ya. he was right, for me, it has. i do like the lime green too. but if i had my choice i would have wanted the lighter blue. i think they are so pretty. so, in conclusion, the grass is always greener on the other side... Nineteens are always beautiful in any color that they came in. they are a unique boat that no one else has any comparison to. ArisotCraft rules in all it's colors !!!!! :cool: