My ArenaCraft

Creeper86

Recruit
Re: My ArenaCraft

454!! man, that thing must move...... tough to keep the RPM's down I would imagine (I'd want to open it up)!!

Here's a few pics... hope they work, not great ones.. ill be using it this weekend and maybe get some better ones for the forum if wanted.....

Attachments

• July_'06_069[1].jpg
    July_'06_069[1].jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
  • July_'06_071[1].jpg
    July_'06_071[1].jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1

Zetman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Creeper How did you bring back the metal flake? my boat is a 68 same color Zet

Creeper , Great looking boat! It's been awhile since I've been on this site. I tore mine down for resto in the spring and have been slow in building it back up. I found copper metal flake gel below the brown paint. Too many projects too little time.

Creeper86

Recruit

I had a clear coat placed on it and the metal flake shines again.

Question for those with a similar boat: is a hose attached to your bilge pump sucking from the bottom of the boat?? I would imagine this feature is original as these boats are without plugs. Recently I had it go out and the guy helping me with replacing it wanted to place a stationary bilge pump at the low point of the boat.. HOwever, this would never work correctly (would take a decent amount of water before it started to drain) and would leave water to sit in the boat... anyway, he called the current setup mickey mouse, but I think it is stock and the only true way to "bilge" the boat completely... thoughts?

I wish my bilge was setup that way. Water never reaches where my current pump is mounted.

Zetman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My bilge pump pick-up is under the motor. I will always get water in the rudder box under the gas tank. I keep a sponge in that area all the time. Most of the water comes off the back seat when people enter the boat from the swim deck and water from life jackets,swim suits etc goes past he rear bench seat. Plus you will get water in the rudder box when making hard turns too. I just re-pack the drive shaft coupler the seals were old and I got a constant drip from there. I'll probably add another pump someday but for now sponge's work fine.

Zetman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

before you put your clear coat on did you have to do alot of sanding? I know you had to but I tried on the bow a little are and the metal flake was coming off like crazy.

Zetman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just re-read your post on the bilge..My pump looks big with a hose coming out to a pick-up grate that fits flat on the bottom of the boat. Is this what you have?

Creeper86

Recruit

that's exactly how the bilge is setup and will continue to be setup....

did sand it down and metal flake luckily remained intact....

Zetman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

your bilge is fine not "mickey Moused" This boat has been in my family since 68 with no bilge issues and the boat was in some big over the bow waves too!

Delta a GoGo

Recruit

Thanks in advanced

I have a 1962 Arena Craft with a 312 Interceptor and the engine oil dip stick is broken.

1. how much oil dose it hold including filter?

2. where can I get a new or use dip stick and tube?

Last edited:

GeraldJ

Recruit

So I am going to bring this thread back from the dead with my first post here.

My wife's grandpa has handed her down a 1966 Arena Craft Barracuda and happens to be the same color as ZetMans. I have searched high and low for more info on this boat.

Ours has the original 427 300hp ford Interceptor in it with a 1:1 Velvet drive. Last year we happen to spin a bearing and now we are going through a rebuild with it. I thought about a repower with a 460 but to change the transmission, motor mounts, headers and everything else seemed more costly than just doing a rebuild. You could tell that the 427 was tired, 42mph was top speed for the big girl.

I wanted to ask Denning if he is still around if I could get some more info on the swim deck on yours. Have any measurments and pics of the front side of the transom? How far above water level does it sit when the boat is at dock? Seems like it would be pretty high, the bottom of the exhaust is just at water level for ours.

dsmithracer

Recruit

I bought a 67 arenacraft exactly the same as yours. i would love to have a copy of the brochure?

lbarnes

Recruit

Just purchased a 1966 Arena Runabout. I need the hardest piece there is to find. Drivers side windshield. Can anyone help???

Stewart Fry

Recruit

Hi There , Im new to this site and would like to know if you could email me those pics of the brochures, for some reason I can't download them without being blurry looking. I just purchased a Bonito needing restoration. I'm very excited about these boats and their history ect.
Thanks Stewart.

Last edited by a moderator:

dsmithracer

Recruit

Hey thats an awesome boat! I grew up on the same boat but 1969. do you have any more info or pics of this boat. i just bought a 1967 same boat. it needs alot of work but i am going to do it.
thanks my email is

Last edited by a moderator:

thunderboy1

Recruit

Can anyone tell me or help me find out how many and what years the Buehler/hamilton jet system was installed in the arenacrafts??? I would really like to find this out. Tom

lbarnes

Recruit

Well,I have the answer to the two piece windshields. Anyone that needs one shoot me an email. Absolutely perfect fit.

granzella.kim

Recruit

Wow! Really glad to find this site! I have (my father handed down to me) a 1968 Arena Craft Green all stock original, and just found out it has a '
crack in the manifold. Being a woman, and not exactly a engine rocket scientist, get the whole thing fixed, new, what? My dad was a mechanic for
fifty plus years, but has some dementia, and cannot guide me in the direction needed? Any suggestions?

yldsgn

Recruit

Kim,

I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, but what I don't know, I ask my mechanic buddies.
Without seeing the manifolds, the general conscensious is: replace the manifold. Corrosion is from the inside and if the crack is due to thin material then the weld will most likely be a temporary fix before another crack appears.
I'm not sure what engine you have but most likely you should still be able to find what you need. Let me know and I'll be glad to help you search.
I once painted a boat called "Little Italy" for a "Dino Granzella", any relation?