value of 1973 22-2

Rhollis

Cadet
I am intersted in purchasing a 1973 22-2 center console with a 165hp omc inboard... could someone advise me of the value. The hull is in decent shape, there is a soft spot in the floor on the aft starboad side of of the flip flop seat. All wood is in bad shape and needs to be replaced. There are several places in the gunnels that need to be repaired from previous owners drilling to fit equipment. The engine started right up and sounded good going into and out of gear.... At this point did not test of the water.... Seating on a tandam galvinized trailer with dry rotted tires... Please advise asking price is 3500.00.

Re: value of 1973 22-2

Probably a fair price, but I would definitly check on the soundness of the transom, the gas tank and lines, the under gunnel lamination, and any "working" of the bolts that hold the cap to the hull. Even doing all of the work yourself, the cost of parts and accessories can mount up quickly. It's a good hull, so don't cut corners.

1975 22-2 full restoration in progress...... about 90% complete.

005.JPG 006.JPG 008.JPG

depty933

Cadet
Re: value of 1973 22-2

Run and Run fast. That OMC outdrive is going to be a bigger headache than you want. Please Please use my advice and do your own research before you get into this boat about that OMC outdrive. They were poorly designed, prone to constant breakdowns, and the company is out of business. Yes you can get parts for them but they are getting more and more expensive.