Help, any info appreciated!

Flyingherron

Recruit
I just got this boat and been researching to try and find out what it is. I know it is an Alumacraft YR16-5560. In my research, I believe it maybe a 1965 Bel Mara. However, I have not found one that is a bow rider. I can't tell if it is factory done or custom done post factory. It has some bulkhead braces in the front that look factory.

It came with what I believe was the original engine, 80hp Mercury. I have included a couple pictures. One of them is of the custom work on the split windshield? Any info on year and/or model would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 6

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Send the serial number to Alumacraft and they will respond with information about your boat. You can do this from their web site.
Good luck.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Good luck on finding some info on your AC. I don't think there were any bow riders in 1965. I feel a prior owner performed a bowectomy on her. The chopped windshield just doesn't have a finished look to it. And the WS braces definitely have a homemade look.

Flyingherron

Recruit
Update... according to AlumaCraft it is a 1967 Bel Mara. They were unable to tell us if the bow rider was customized at the factory or not, but said they would look into further. They said that they did offer a split windshield and bow bars at the time, but were unable to tell if it was factory done. They were going to look into it further.