1980s Alumacraft Backtroller 17 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backslider

Seaman Apprentice
Last fall I bought a 1980s Alumacraft Backtroller 17 and I'm replacing the deck, rewiring, and painting it. Has anyone ever modified the seating or storage arrangement on one of these? Also, has anyone ever pulled the deck out on a Backtroller? The live well and rod storage box lay on the floor but are attached to the hull.

I really like this boat and want to get it fixed up for fishing and hunting.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• DSCN4032 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN4032 (Medium).JPG
    119 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN4037 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN4037 (Medium).JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN4042 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN4042 (Medium).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 5

rehnsn

Cadet
Re: 1980s Alumacraft Backtroller 17 Question

Last fall I bought a 1980s Alumacraft Backtroller 17 and I'm replacing the deck, rewiring, and painting it. Has anyone ever modified the seating or storage arrangement on one of these? Also, has anyone ever pulled the deck out on a Backtroller? The live well and rod storage box lay on the floor but are attached to the hull.

I really like this boat and want to get it fixed up for fishing and hunting.

Thanks for the help!

I replaced the floor on my backtroller 17 a couple years ago. If I remember right the rod holder area can be removed. In the live well area I just cut the floor flush/even with the live well and butted the new plywood up next to it, using scilicone in the joint. I left the raised forward seating area alone, and covered the new exterior plywood floor with blue indoor/outdoor carpet from Menards. It seems to have worked out fine! I just found this forum, so sorry if this is too late.

ND boat guy

Recruit
Backtroller
I have the same boat with the same project
Could you reach out to me on the transom issue
Nd boat guy

jbcurt00

Staff member
Backtroller
I have the same boat with the same project
Could you reach out to me on the transom issue
Nd boat guy

ND guy, backslider hasnt been here since Aug 2012, he's not likely to get or reply to your question.

Start a topic about your boat and your transom concerns

The point of a forum is to have a public discussion about fixing problems, so that it benefits everybody, so please dont ask for private contact.

Also, please refrain from posting in inactive topics. After 90days, w no new posts, dont post to them.

See the helpful tip at the top of the page.

Thanks

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.