Bought '89 Phantom v170 need boat info please!

zenhog

Recruit
This boat did not come with a manual so I'm looking for info - and hope to meet someone who has or knows this boat and can help me keep it maintained! It's in really good shape but needs some TLC. It's my first boat so please understand there's lots i dont know about owning a boat!

Here's some of the help I need.
1 where can I get an operators manual?
2 where can I get a wiring diagram?
3 I found the detachable nav lights but don't know how to turn them on. Is it the Accessories switch? If not how do I power them?
4 Are these a universal or common type light? They are poles that have two little holes on the bottom that insert over powered pins. Can I easily find replacements if I need to?
5 does anyone know where I can get parts for this old boat? For example some of the switches in the bow control panel are broken off and would like to fix them.

I appreciate those of you who wil so generously help me learn about and care for this boat. It's in really good shape for her age and I want to make her last a lot longer so thanks for any help you can provide!

~Craig

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bought '89 Phantom v170 need boat info please!

Craig, welcome to iboats!

Some of your questions can be answered by contacting Alumacraft and maybe they can send you the wiring diagram. They're very helpful. They once sent me the complete blueprint floor plan of a '88 Lunker 16 SS boat I had. A dealership may also be helpful.

I have the 1989 Alumacraft boats brochure. For features and specifications I'll scan and post the page for your boat. It's a great 17' Deep Vee Bass Boat and it is not old.

zenhog

Recruit

Yes, you are right - the folks at Alumacraft are great! They just sent me 3 schematics covering all the electrical of the boat. (is there a place I could post those documents in case someone else needs them ?)

Glad to hear that this boat isn't "old" - I plan on taking very good care of her and hope she lasts many more years. Thanks for the assist!

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is from the 1989 Alumacraft boats brochure. The instrument console is new.

1989PhantomV170100.jpg

1989phantomV170info100.jpg

phantomv170

Seaman Apprentice

I just picked up one of these boats recently. I am restoring the transom, floor and carpet. I have had to gut this thing like a fish. If you have that electrical diagram or any other technical info on the boat, I would appreciate a copy of it. When I called alumacraft they said they didnt keep anything on that old of a boat. Looking at that brochure, I can see mine has been modified. Some PO took out the fixed seats, cooler and rod locker. I would like to put them back, so anymore pics would be helpful too.