new to boating

Hello I am new to boating just wanted to introduce myself because I am sure I will have plenty of questions. My first one is does anyone have any pics of a Alumacraft Flying C boat. That is the boat that i just got and would love to see some other ones like it. It is supposed to be a 58 model. Its in pretty good shape. will be getting it ready in the spring to take out and have some fun.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: new to boating

We're glad your here. Is this your boat?.... 1958 Flying C.
Lucky you!!!

1958_Flying_C_1.jpg

1958_Flying_C_2.jpg

1958_Flying_C_3.jpg

It's similar to the pictured, Super CS.

Super_CS.jpg

Here's pics of a Deep C.

Deep_C_1CE.jpg

Deep_C_2CE.jpg

We're glad your here. Is this your boat?.... 1958 Flying C.
Lucky you!!!

1958_Flying_C_1.jpg

1958_Flying_C_2.jpg

1958_Flying_C_3.jpg

It's similar to the pictured, Super CS.

Super_CS.jpg

Here's pics of a Deep C.

Deep_C_1CE.jpg

Deep_C_2CE.jpg

No mine is on a trailer and has a motor. Just kidding thanks for the pics.
Is that your flying c or just a pic you had on your computer? If its yours could you get a closer pic of the windshield? On mine the windshield seems to be coming out of the aluminum track. There seems to be holes all the way across the windshield and looks like there should be some kind of bracket or tie down.
thanks again.

Here are some picks of my "new" boat and her skipper.
IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

Here is the pics of the windshield that iwas wondering what the holes are for is something missing?
IMG_0574.jpg

the wide dark area is some duck tape that the previous owner put on it.
IMG_0573.jpg

One more question approx how much is this boat worth for insurance purposes? I was talking to a friend that has a boat and he said he had to get seperate ins for the boat and motor does that sound right or is it depending on the insurance carrier?

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

All my above posted pictures were on my computer and the boats are not mine. These boats are based on the Deep C. The so called 1958 flying C was sold on ebay in August, they are ebay pictures. By chance, I thought it was yours.
Sorry, I don't know about your windshield. Maybe posting your question on the Boat Restoration and Building forum can give you help.
You have a beautiful boat and it's in fantastic shape. They're rare and your very lucky to have it. Don't hold back showing more pictures of it. The trailer also looks vintage! The Flying C, Flying D, Model R make me drool. Jeezz..... they all make me drool!
If you want, by contacting Alumacraft, you can do a production run down on your boat with the stamped ID number on the transom brace.

For insurance, it would be proper to have separate insurance on it but check if your homeowners policy would cover your needs. The value of the rig is hard to determine, the pictured ebay boat sold for $962.00 and it depends on you, for some it's priceless to replace.

Mr.Kaufman

Recruit

RR, do you have any more photos of the Deep C? I have a 1958 Deep C, the steering wheel is gone with a plate over where it should have been. I would like to see what it looked like so that I may restore it to the way it was. Do you know the max on what size engine can be put on that boat?

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry, I do not have more pictures of a Deep C.

super cs, a super member here, owns that above pictured Deep C boat. Maybe he can help. I'd start a new forum post on your boat, as he and more members will see it to help.

Mr.Kaufman

Recruit

Super CS, if you can could you e-mail them to me at
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

1bigriver

Recruit

here are a couple pics of my flying C. she is a ton of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_00000065.jpg
    IMG_00000065.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_00000068.jpg
    IMG_00000068.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 0

Itsogood

Seaman
Wow!! That second picture is a perfect match the the front on my boat. Thanks for posting these 1bigriver.

Itsogood

Seaman
By the way I hope you guys don't mind I pulled the pic of the boat at an earlier post to use as my avatar here.

Itsogood

Seaman
It's funny about 1bigriver's pic. The bow cover on my boat looks just like the pic he posted. The way the aluminum curls over the rubrails and is held there by that is exactly how mine is done. In the pics from the brochure that AlumaCraft had back in the day it didn't appear to look that way. Mine has been hacked off about 2-3' by a previous owner and I am thinking of removing it completely to put a casting deck in it's place. It kinda looks like if I were to take a rubber mallet and give it a good whack it might just pop off the front of the boat because I can't see anything the is holding it in place other than the way it is curled around the rubrail. Maybe I will cut it off a little further, attach it better and keep part of it to mount a trolling motor there... not sure yet. My boat has the entire back seat area removed too and I will probably do a build in that area to add side seats in the back to operate a tiller motor. I have purchased a '57 18 hp Johnson Seahorse to mount there. I will probably leave the center area of the boat open to access moving from front to rear without having any obstructions there. So the plan is to make this like an open fishing boat. I will miss not having the boat be a runabout and will probably want one of those too before its over and done but for now I will need to concentrate on getting what I have up and running and maybe sell a few of the boats I have accumulated to cut back on the list of things to do... haha!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Good: please avoid posting in inactive topics, no posts in the last 90days.

If you find 1 you have qustions or comments about, send them a Private Message.

Thanks