First on here......(Show Yer Alumacraft)

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: First on here......(Show Yer Alumacraft)

Yes, I would love the info.
The previous owner had stripped it, and it is a puzzle to get all the hatch lids and livewells into their correct location. The deck framework is there, but the hatches, and lids have been removed, and we are having trouble piecing it together right.

If you don't mind, posting info, I would love it. Thanks.

At this point, all we do know, is what is on the certification plate.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I do not have 1987 but have 1988 and later brochures. This is a scanned page of the 1988 Alumacraft brochure for you boat. You have the largest of five boats in the series. Hope it is of some help.

1988MVSuperBandit75.jpg

1988MVSuperBanditinfo100.jpg

Maybe if you contact Alumacraft they can help with the floor plan layout. I once received from them a blue print build layout of a boat I owned.

Last edited:

jt57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I thought it was about time I posted a picture of my Alumacraft. 1999 175 Trophy,115 hp merc,with a 6hp merc kicker.It's been a dang good boat,handles rough water with ease,and tops out at about 35mph.Witch isn't to bad considering I boat at over 6300 ft.

Attachments

• viewphoto.jpg
    viewphoto.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0
  • boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

I just traded for this 1960 FD. It has a "Helm-rite" steering console made by The Lafayette Supply Company. The trailer is a tilt with a catwalk. It is in real good condition, I will be doing a cosmetic restoration.

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1

Here are some additional views.

Attachments

• Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Decal.jpg
    Decal.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1

Here is a closer look at the Helm-Rite steering console. It appears to be an add on of the proper vintage. The steering wheel is a "Atwood" and looks the same as the steering wheel I saw on the FDR model on this thread.

Attachments

• Controls.jpg
    Controls.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

zakqwy

Recruit

Sorry all, still learning how to attach images. Check the next post.

Last edited:

zakqwy

Recruit

First time on the forums. My grandfather bought this FDR/trailer nearly 50 years ago, and I'd like to start fixing them up a bit this summer. Need to get the serial number (it's in northern MN, I'm in OH right now) so I can date it, but I think it's a '59. The motor was replaced 30 years ago with a '76 Johnson 40, which runs like a champ but could use a new set of coils.

A few other items that need work:

- Crazed windshield
- Non-original steering wheel
- Rotted transom board
- Misc. electrical issues
- Sticky throttle/gearshift linkage
- Finish (keeping bare aluminum, but should be cleaned)
- Rusty trailer (needs tires, electrical work, paint)

If anyone has any tips on these issues, feel free to let me know; I'll be doing a lot of forum searching before heading up there this May.

vintage_alumacraft.jpg

Buildit

Recruit

I own two Alumacraft boats. The first one is a 12' that I have a 9.9 Evinrude for. I've tried to attach stock oarlocks but they're the wrong size. Any ideas?

The second is apparently a "Maracaibo". It's ratty as hell but I think with some work it could be a great lettle boat. To that end, I could use some input. The windshield is broken so I need a new one. Anyone have any idea where to get one? Any thoughts on how to install a new floor would be appreciated. I do have the original metal I.D. tag. How do I determine the year of manufacture?

Newbie w/1959 Model F, lots of motors

Newbie w/1959 Model F, lots of motors

Greetings,
I just got back from a very successful trip to the lake with my 14 footer and my latest outboard, a 1984 Mariner (Yamaha) 30. What a blast!! I installed a 13 pitch prop, and with only me and a touch of bow ballast, I sat on the stern seat and flew. I hope to borrow a GPS and get a reading. Felt like mid-30's, though.
I've used a '56 Johnson 5.5, and was able to plane just me. A ten moved out pretty well. An old 15 was able to pull kids on skis, and planed four adults with ease. The 30 is going to pull tubes, and maybe the wife on skis.
I've included a few shots with the various motors. Thanks for a great forum.

Attachments

• rocket sled.jpg
    rocket sled.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 4
  • work horse.jpg
    work horse.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 56 five.jpg
    56 five.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 4

bgtruk21

Cadet

I love my alumacraft, repainting it now. the stripes are gone used mainly in saltwater in titusville,fl.

Attachments

• parish park 2.jpg
    parish park 2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 0

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

<br /> <br /><br /><br /> Thought I would show the three piece removeable floor I mad for her. Bought all of the carpet for $13.99 at Menards. I believe the role was 13'x 17', so I had lots left over since my boat is only 14ft long. For adhesive I used Industrial strength Contact Adhesive from Locktite that claims to be permanent and moisture resistant. Cost me about $12 for a spray can of it.....worked great.

What is the model year for that T14XL? Due to some financial circumstances
I will not be able to buy a new boat,...have to go used and save the money for it. Is that a 25 HP Johnson I see on there? That T14XL looks really nice.
I hear Alumacrafts are very good boats. Now,I am on the fence as to whether
to go with a Sea Nymph 14R w/25 HP Evinrude or Johnson motor,or choose
the Alumacraft T14XL with same motor(Johnson or Evinrude) as long as I can find one for less than $1400.00 and still have a decent boat to fish out of.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

The boat is a 1987. The motor is a 1988 25 hp.

I see you shopping on the other forums. As for Alumacraft, you'd never look back.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I see you shopping on the other forums. As for Alumacraft, you'd never look back.

River Runner nailed it.

I agree with him with respects to alumacrafts in general. They can really take a pretty good beating and are very stable.

You should be able to find a pretty similar set-up for $1400. Lots of people are trying to sell their boats with the increase in fuel costs. There are fewer buyers as well, so its really a good time to find a deal.

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I comparison shop alot before any final decision is made. I may also narrow my choice down to just two different brands,and usually then,that final decision is made,...and you guys may have just made it for me. I may just go
with Alumacraft,...instead of the Sea Nymph or even Lund. I like that T14XL.

drewfus41

Recruit

Here is my 1965 Alora. I didn't even know AlumaCraft made a fiberglass boat. the 1965 40hp. super seahorse runs this boat like a champ. the most fun I have ever had on the water. my family loves it too.

Last edited:

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Simple 1964 12 footer. I looked for one of these for a while. I want to make a one man fishing boat for times when I go by myself. Got a great deal and she does not leak a drop.

Attachments

• baot3.JPG
    baot3.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Viper2872

Seaman Apprentice

Here's my 14 ft. I just bought her 2 months ago and have had her out twice. I'd like to do a couple of things with it but I'm still debating on some things. One I have to repaint the trailer and replace a couple of rollers.

Attachments

• GEDC0842 shrunk.jpg
    GEDC0842 shrunk.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's my '59 Model R. I lucked up. I was just looking for a good deal on a used boat. I was impressed by how well built the boat is when I first looked at it. I didn't know what I had till I started reading on this site. It's set up as an outboard. Maybe one day I'll turn it back into a true runabout. These really are great boats!

Attachments

• DSC03440_resize.JPG
    DSC03440_resize.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 0

jbing81

Chief Petty Officer

Here is a pic of my 18 ft '59 Queen Merrie project.

AlumaCraft1.jpg

AlumaCraft2.jpg

When I bought it it was gutted which is somewhat of a bummer. I thought about building an interior to replicate the original, but being I mainily fish Ive decided to make a center console. I have a 85 hp Mariner I plan to mate with the boat. Aside from a lot of dirt, crud and a cracked windshield its in great shape! A good polish and she should look like new!

I must say this boat is built like a TANK! I own a late 60's 15 ft Starcraft and the quailty of the aluminum doesnt even compare to the Alumacraft. Great post war craftsmanship!