First on here......(Show Yer Alumacraft)

cowboycurtis

Cadet
Re: First on here......(Show Yer Alumacraft)

I have a what I believe to be 1958 15' deep c in really good shape. I use it for fishing and just crusing around. Its a very stable boat. I'd like to post some pictures of it but everytime I try it, it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Pony

Rear Admiral

I am not sure BLLGOGG, but they are very sturdy.

Curtis, you have to either upload your photos to an image hosing website and use the codes they give you......or reduce the size of your image and upload them as a post attachement.

cowboycurtis

Cadet

I am trying again to submit the photo of my 1958 deep c

Attachments

• boats 002.jpg
    boats 002.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

My 1968 FD AlumaCraft and cold weather setup.

FDboat2PB.jpg

Photograph1375.jpg

Last edited:

Leglav8s10

Cadet

Unfortunately I dont have pics of my Alumacraft yet, but I bought a 1991 alumacraft Competitor 185cs a few years ago and am no in the process of replacing the floor and carpeting and cleaning up the wiring "enhancements" its acquired over the years.. If anyone has a link to any diagrams or schematics, please let me know.. I've had zero luck trying to find even general wiring and specification charts.. Thanks

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just tell Alumacraft what you are doing and ask for info. Worked for me, when I was installing a transducer under the floor up front on my '88 16' Lunker SS boat. They mailed me their build structure blueprint showing everything under the floor. Maybe they'll also do for the wiring. They're good people to work with.

Leglav8s10

Cadet

Just tell Alumacraft what you are doing and ask for info. Worked for me, when I was installing a transducer under the floor up front on my '88 16' Lunker SS boat. They mailed me their build structure blueprint showing everything under the floor. Maybe they'll also do for the wiring. They're good people to work with.

I have talked to them on the phone a few times.. so far the Electrical guy said they wouldnt have anything available for my 1991 boat. I called back to speak with someone else that deals with old boats and have yet to hear back from her. I am ultimately looking for electrical schematics, and maybe some information on the layout of the floor and how to remove it.. I'm replacing all of the plywood floor and carpeting, as well as recovering the rod locker and gunwales. If I have money left over, I'm replacing the steering and throttle/shift controls and cables. I've come up with nothing on the internet thats even worth speaking of.. and I'd like to know what I can before I start ripping something apart...

by the way River - Runner - whereabouts in southeastern minnesota are ya?

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm lucky to be at the upper Mississippi river basin, pools 5, 5A, 6, 7, and 8. Above Winona, Minn. to below La Crosse, Wis. With the bluffs on both Minnesota and Wisconsin sides of the river it sure is beautiful, they call it God's country.

I have the 1991 Alumacraft brochure. I'll scan the page on your boat and post it in your "Looking for information on...", in the Alumacraft forum. You have a super boat.

Leglav8s10

Cadet

I am in Prescott which I believe is pool 2.. I sometimes fish in pool 3 on the down-river side of the dam.. Even up here the scenery is beautiful. later this summer a few friends are gonna load up and some down there to camp on the river.. Launch in wabasha I think. anyhoo... Thanks for your help.

Tim

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

You'll enjoy Wabasha, the movies Grumpy Old Men were filmed there and those big fish for the movie were netted by commercial fishermen down by Winona.

Leglav8s10

Cadet

I've driven through there a few times, but havent been on the river except the southern tip of lake pepin.. I'll have to try to get some fishing in down there this summer...

02WJLaredo

Recruit

Looks nice. I wish we could trade :D
I think you turn a some what useless space into a nice storage space/ clean looking deck. How are those seats attatched? I read in another post that the clamps, which I was planning on buying, do not hold. Whats your trick?

Mine:

Picture009.jpg

I just picked up that same boat last weekend. I love it. I have no idea what year it is, all I know is a plate in the back lists it as being a 16 rated for 35hp. Will post pics soon. If you know any info about it, please let me know. Some idiot painted mine so i am in the slow process of restoring it but I still fish it nearly every day.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Here's mine,

Used to have a 12' Sea King but had a kid, bought a house, you know the rest of the story. So after 6 yrs w/o a boat a few months ago I/we got this 1984 T-16XL w/ a 10hp Johnson. Roomy enough for the three of us, stable enough for my girl to move around in w/o LOML being afraid shes going to fall out, and still small enough to fit down my narrow drive. We aboslutely love it!

Pony I love your floors, do they just sit in place or are they mounted somehow? Also I have seat mounts similar to yours so they may be available commecially.
Can you get replacement rod holders like the ones in BLLDOGG's? or are those an after market?
Can anyone send me somewhere to find specs (wieght, hp) on it as I have yet to find a plate on it? (DOH!!! nevermind found the link at the top of the page here to spec)

I know enough questions and on to the pic.

Attachments

• ALUMAC~2.jpg
    ALUMAC~2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Jung4g

Cadet

I don't have hosting for my pictures, but I've got a 1961 Model A (14 ft) with a 1994 Evinrude 3. I'm looking for an older 10-15 for it, but for now I'll get by.

I committed the cardinal sin by painting it, but as the boat was sunk in front of our cabin for who knows how long, it was very stained and now it looks respectable. That, and the hull was so dented up from being abused for years, I figured it wasn't nice enough to keep original.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

That A has found a good owner and home. The boat will outlast your lifetime.

A bigger motor is ok, but also keep that 3 hp motor! You can learn about the two cylinder 3's and 4's searching in the forums, it's said to be the best motor ever made. It will work very well on your boat, as it does on mine.

Pony

Rear Admiral

The floor just sits in place, just sits in place. The supporst underneath fit around the ribs on the floor so it keeps stuff from sliding.

The seats you can get from just about anywhere, but the mounts are 100% custom. Granted you can by some that do the same thing essentially.....​

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Pony, and I didn't mean to imply your seat mounts weren't just that you can get some like them off them shelf.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Thanks Pony, and I didn't mean to imply your seat mounts weren't just that you can get some like them off them shelf.

Its okay, I didnt think you implied that at all.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Well, I just picked up a 1987 or 88 18 foot alumacraft super bandit bass boat. Pictures to come soon.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

bassboy1..... A welcome to you, for getting an Alumacraft. I have the 1988 Alumacraft brochure and can post information on your boat if you wish.