First on here......(Show Yer Alumacraft)

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: First on here......(Show Yer Alumacraft)

ARCWINSTON - I would send your respected thoughts and opinions to Alumacraft. I wouldn't think much help or difference in quality would happen here and if others voice their dissatisfactions, things should always change for the better.<br /><br />As for my own above mentioned boats, I have no complaints. A very good build quality thoughout.<br /><br />I'm glad you do like your boat though and if you can, some day post a picture of it here. We like pictures!

teamstromer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

arcwinston,<br />i own an 04 navigator 175 cs, so far it's a great fishin' boat, everything is screwed on tight, no jagged edges, boat rides like a dream.<br />i do agree with you in that you should have not come across such shoddy workmanship. alumacraft is touted to be the 2nd biggest seller of alumanum boats next to lund.

Pony

Rear Admiral

ARCWINSTON- sorry to hear of your bad expirience.....I agree with the others. Send your comments to Alumacraft. It just seems out of character. I have been in a few newer alumacrafts and havent noticed poor workmanship.......I wasnt really looking though.<br /><br /><br />I will say this. I have seen lots of boats of lots of maunfactures that look to have been wired by a 5yr old........

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer

1970 Alumacraft Queen Mary with 1964 75 HP Johnson outboard.<br /><br />Pics Coming.

Pony

Rear Admiral

<br /> <br /><br /><br /> Thought I would show the three piece removeable floor I mad for her. Bought all of the carpet for $13.99 at Menards. I believe the role was 13'x 17', so I had lots left over since my boat is only 14ft long. For adhesive I used Industrial strength Contact Adhesive from Locktite that claims to be permanent and moisture resistant. Cost me about $12 for a spray can of it.....worked great.

bigskydrift

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just bought a 2006 T14V, rated for 15 HP. My biggest motor is an old 'rude 18 HP and have three smaller motors.....I have yet to get this in the water and can't wait, but have to for the lakes to lose their ice!! Have put in swivel seats, fish finder etc. Will post again after 1st outing (hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks)with some stories and photos, till then!

farginicehole

Chief Petty Officer

'91 Alumacraft 185CS Competitor<br /><br /> '89 Evinrude 150XP<br /><br /> '93 Evinrude 15 longshaft, electric start<br /><br /> 2 Walker electric downriggers with the <br /> temperature-sensing probes and swivel bases<br /> <br /> 24-volt MK Auto Pilot with quick-release bracket<br /><br /> Furuno fish finder, new last fall<br /><br /> '92 Trailmaster trailer (has surge brakes, but they need to be gone through)<br /><br /><br />Love the boat, but my wife understandably complains that she has no protection from the elements, since it is a single side-console boat. Looking for a walkthrough windshield style aluminum boat, so thinking of putting this one up for sale.

farginicehole

Chief Petty Officer

Don't know what happened there - I wasn't done and it "automatically" added the post. Anyways, when I make up my mind, I'll probably post it in the classifieds here. I put a new timer base, power pack and all 6 new coils on the 150 last summer, so now it starts easily and runs great (was having intermittent spark problems/loss before this).

Here is my 1954 AlumaCraft Model F 14'. It is rated for 16hp but I regularly use 20hp on it. Alumacraft transoms are some of the strongest made. The Aqueduct transom used on larger model is especially strong. Alumacraft claims they never had a single transom failure attributed to the Aqueduct design. I've been around Alumacrafts since I was 5 years old. That was 43 years ago.<br /><br />
58fleetwin.jpg

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

VintageAlumacraft - I liked the story on your boat, that was on your website. I sure do miss vintagealumacraft.com. So much more to learn! Wish you all the best to getting it up and running again.<br /><br />Yes that Aqueduct transom is very strong. Have it on my above pictured 1968 14' FD boat and use it hard, even for slalom one ski water skiing. Never stop learning.... found out my boat was also made for water skiing through vintagealumacraft.com after 38 years when I first used the boat for it.<br /><br />I remember AlumaCraft boats when my Uncle bought his new 1956 14' FD (still in use) when I was 6 years old. That's why I have mine.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I also miss that site, lots of neat stories and pictures. Glad to have ya here though.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Here is my 04 Navigator 165CS with 75 Merc & Smart Tabs.
c817d28e.jpg

newbassboat

Seaman

Here is mine and I love her so far. It is a 17 Ft MV Maverick with a 90 hp johnson. It is my first actual bass boat I use to have a 10ft crawldad and wanted to upgrade and found a good deal on this one. I had to do a little restoring as you can see but a little TLC and Time and I think she is great!!
[attachment=img=Boat Before 002][attachment=img=Boat Before 003][attachment=img=Boat After 001][attachment=img=Boat After 002]

newbassboat

Seaman

newbassboat said:
Here is mine and I love her so far. It is a 17 Ft MV Maverick with a 90 hp johnson. It is my first actual bass boat I use to have a 10ft crawldad and wanted to upgrade and found a good deal on this one. I had to do a little restoring as you can see but a little TLC and Time and I think she is great!!
[attachment=img=Boat Before 002][attachment=img=Boat Before 003][attachment=img=Boat After 001][attachment=img=Boat After 002]

Sorry I tried to post the pics but they didn't come thru. I guess I haven't figured out how to get them from my computer to the internet yet.

1959_FDR

Banned

Here's my 1959 model FDR in pre-restoration state.
There are at least 5 layers of paint that I have to remove (sniffle)
3668.jpg

You are very fortunate to have a nice FDR that hasn't been altered significantly from original. Only built in 1959 and 60. The only picture I have of the FDR is in a 1960 brochure. I'm sure yours will be a fine specimen once your restoration is completed. And yes, I'm drooling on my keyboard

1959_FDR

Banned

VintageAlumacraft said:
You are very fortunate to have a nice FDR that hasn't been altered significantly from original. Only built in 1959 and 60. The only picture I have of the FDR is in a 1960 brochure. I'm sure yours will be a fine specimen once your restoration is completed. And yes, I'm drooling on my keyboard

I "might" be able to be talked out of it ... ( grin)

newbassboat

Seaman

Lets try this again 1990 17ft Alumacraft. with 90hp Johnson!

Attachments

• Boat Before 001a.JPG
    49 bytes · Views: 2
  • Boat After 001a.JPG
    49 bytes · Views: 0
  • Boat Before 002.jpg
    55 bytes · Views: 0
  • Boat Before 003a.jpg
    58 bytes · Views: 0

newbassboat

Seaman

Lets try this again 1990 17ft Alumacraft. with 90hp Johnson!

Attachments

• Boat After 001a.JPG
    49 bytes · Views: 0
  • Boat Before 003a.jpg
    58 bytes · Views: 0