Alumacraft Deep C - Drain Plug Size

kandiman3

Cadet
We've been working on bringing a 1958 Alumacraft Deep C back to life - as we were scooping out leaves and gunk from the splashwell, I came across a drain plug and kept it in case we needed it. Well we went and bought the generic 1" snap plug from walmart and it didn't fit the plug hole in the hull near the transom. Does anyone know the diameter for an original drain plug here? The one I found fits, but as we were on the water a small amount of water was coming in the drain plug. The rubber on the original seems wavy and dry rotted a bit and I'd like to find a replacement.

It has to be smaller than 1" and I haven't seen too many barely smaller options out there. Any tips?

ThomW

Chief Petty Officer
The rubber drain plugs come in a variety of sizes. You can find them in 7/8's and 5/8's. How close was the 1" plug from fitting? If you have a local shop near by, you could probably bring the old plug with you and match it up o what they might have in stock.

kandiman3

Cadet
It seemed very close. I may just order up a couple of sizes and see what one fits best.