Extreme Tubing at LAke Cumberland, Good Wipeout

rowlex

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Extreme Tubing at LAke Cumberland, Good Wipeout

awesome! i hate doing that but love doing it to others :)

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer

And this is why we have paira and quadriplegics.......... just food for thought!! :(

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

they did get some good distance...that is just a typical day tube'n with us! I don't fling people that do not want to be flung and pull the small ones slow. megan5.jpgmegan2.jpgcraig relaxing.jpg

jbutler1946

Cadet

Yea I am the same way. We have had some minor injuries. I never do this stuff anymore but they asked specifically for it. I guess I should have had them sign a liability waiver form. LOL

They said this new tube is so stable, but all tubes can flip, its like boaters law. Thanks for the reply.

Dustin07

Seaman Apprentice

lol good stuff. we used to do the tow-behind-a-jetski thing and i was amazed, we could still whip that thing like crazy. I remember my brother in law having a similar dismount, but thew hole thing was in cartwheel style until he finally splashed lol.

I dont like to be towed anymore either... after 15 years of extreme sports, bmx, etc I done with recovery lol

jbutler1946

Cadet

In 2004 I traded my 19' 230Merc IO Caravelle in on a 21' Rinker 260Merc 212. This makes a huge difference in control and handling. I swear I could rap the tube around the boat with the 19'. The Rinker is so much bigger its hard to get a swing but when you do look out. Oh well getting to old anyways. Next year we are taking the Go Pro and getting the video from the tube. Thats will be awesome.

Nice talking with you.

lol good stuff. we used to do the tow-behind-a-jetski thing and i was amazed, we could still whip that thing like crazy. I remember my brother in law having a similar dismount, but thew hole thing was in cartwheel style until he finally splashed lol.

I dont like to be towed anymore either... after 15 years of extreme sports, bmx, etc I done with recovery lol

Dustin07

Seaman Apprentice

LOL make sure you bump this old thread when you do, I want to see that footage!

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

My old trick was to do donuts with the boat. Then when the waves would build up in the center I would do a figure eight with the boat. I would make sure that the tube would go through the center of my donut. If I went slow the tubers would get soaked from the waves breaking over the top of the tube. If I kept the boat about 20mph the tube would usually catch a wave sideways and flip over.

acarter92

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Haha, looks like fun....

Sometimes when I have a brave and willing rider. I'll circle the tube to the point that the boat is on plane but the tube is literally only turning (not moving forward). I'll do about 3 or 4 laps and suddenly straighten out and give it some more throttle. They go form 0 to 30 in about 3 seconds, but usually don't make it to 30... :joyous: Unfortunately I've never gotten to experience it because nobody else seems to be able to drive in a circle :facepalm:

Austin

jbutler1946

Cadet

I am in the same boat as you never experienced it from the tube. I usually do some S Turns at half throttle, then I take the last turn at 1/2 throttle. About have way through the turn hammer down. That almost puts them in front of the boat then keep on the throttle to keep the slack out of the rope. Using the speed you already have for the next turn. Thats what you saw in the video.

Kind of exceeds the recommended towing speed on the warning label.

Now I'm missing summer

Tube behind this boat, I saw this before the annual Poker Run. I bet the tube would explode. LOL

Haha, looks like fun....

Sometimes when I have a brave and willing rider. I'll circle the tube to the point that the boat is on plane but the tube is literally only turning (not moving forward). I'll do about 3 or 4 laps and suddenly straighten out and give it some more throttle. They go form 0 to 30 in about 3 seconds, but usually don't make it to 30... :joyous: Unfortunately I've never gotten to experience it because nobody else seems to be able to drive in a circle :facepalm:

Austin