Boat Names

ToadHaul

Cadet
Just going to settle on “ The Boat”. That’s what we say anyway...want to go out on the boat? We need to clean the boat, We need to fix the boat. Might as well keep it easy.

Skiptrace

Cadet
after going through the problems with my first boat, and having the motor fail repeatedly on the lake while testing, My granddaughter named it "Chance" after my wife said this was its last chance. BTW thanks to the guys who help on the forums.

66Holiday924

Chief Petty Officer
My Boat is a 1966 Starcraft Holiday, I named it the Edward J. Cross after a Vietnam Veteran who was Killed in Action. Vietnam era boat, Vietnam era name. My idea was to pick the name random with two qualifiers, killed in action and they are low profile. I like this idea because it keeps their memory alive. When you take people fishing or kids skiing and tubing they ask about the name.

southkogs

Staff member
My Boat is a 1966 Starcraft Holiday, I named it the Edward J. Cross after a Vietnam Veteran who was Killed in Action. Vietnam era boat, Vietnam era name. My idea was to pick the name random with two qualifiers, killed in action and they are low profile. I like this idea because it keeps their memory alive. When you take people fishing or kids skiing and tubing they ask about the name.
Very cool idea. Good on ya' for that!

Jbart19

Recruit
Picked up a Glastron GS 249 25' CC a few weeks ago and it didn't have a name yet. Everybody was asking me so I figured I needed to name it. Well the first thing I did to it was put all new batteries plus 2 extra deep cycles in the rear and add an extended swim platform. That extra 400lbs in the transom gave it a different profile - so the name finally came to me " Fat Bottomed Girl" Best part is it is girlfriend approved :)

oldrem

Commander
When the admiral and I bought a 26ft Carver years ago we had already owned a couple boats previously so decided on YKNOTAGAIN

licketdsplit756

Petty Officer 1st Class
What do ya think ?

Mod EDIT: Think? That you need to remember this is a family friendly forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Skiptrace

Cadet
bought a boat with a motor problem. worked on it several times and went to the local pond to check the work. I am no pro, first time working on Outboard. ( only died after it was warm and then sat.) After several tries, my grandaughter who accompanied me on most trips, named it "Last Chance!" IT has run fine since then.

Juliatom543

Banned
I heard a good one a while back, about a guy who named his boat "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY".<br /><br />Everyone thought it was pretty funny until the first time he used his VHF. Needless to say, Coastguard were not very amused and he had to rename very quickly...

"Wild beast"

Sidserv

Seaman Apprentice
My wife named my newest 76 Starcraft Islander.

I have officially named it the SS Erika M

Last edited by a moderator:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Had a old woody years ago that had a white 40 hp mercury on it and I named it AN-TEA-KEY.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Wife is naming the re-birthed boat in the sig to "Salt Shaker"

One because of the big motor, two because we have a few battery powered blenders on board

robert graham

Admiral
Daddy named our boat after my mom....Barbara G.....so if dad was working or spending money on the boat, maybe not so easy for mother to complain since the boat has her name on it....

Rabbit929

Seaman
Had an ugly 1970 rusty steel pontoon we called the SS Swallows.
made the signs with duct-tape and cardboard, because there wasn’t any point in having a nice sign on such an ugly boat.
still trying to figure out a name for the brand new toon, was thinking “Who’s The Loser now, Dad?” Might be too long. 😂

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Just picked up a "new to me" 19' Thompson Cutlass and using it as a walleye boat. Boat name is "Yank'n and Crank'n

PITBoat

Petty Officer 1st Class
My screen name, if ever I named it - Pain in the BOAT. Cause that's what it is, lol.

gr8knurlin

Seaman Apprentice
1970's Edson 18' closed bow dark brown we called "Mud Duck" later became known as "Dirt Pig" coined by a friends wife who could never remember the name.
1993 Fourwinns 238 Vista - "Boat"
2002 Regal 2650 LSC - "Cash-de-fish-in sea"
2001 Formula 21 PC - "Private Party" & the dingy is "Patio"

The last 2 came with their names and I decided to keep them - Next boat will be "Safety Pays" (I've had a pretty good EHS career) and when we retire our live aboard will likely be named "Retirement Home"