Boat Names

Wet dreamz

Recruit
Re: Boat Names

I had a 1994 16' Four Winns Jet boat - my wife and I loved to chase waves every chance we could - there was one guy in a large boat who used to come by on a regular basis with his kids and slow down so we could chase his huge waves while the kids cheered. Our signal at the cottage to go jump in the boat was lets go for a scream - we shortened it to and named the boat "Gofer Scream"

DocR

Cadet

My 1979 Sylvan is named " Satan's Galleon "
I only use it for fishing in Lake Superior, out of Duluth, MN

areeno

Recruit

Recently purchased a 20' Proline DC. Although out of NYC for 40+ years, I still have some roots there. Been living on Mississippi Gulf Coast for 19 years so the name I am giving my boat has a bit of NY twang while reflecting on my current location.
"Howz Bayou".

my little boat has "don't panic" upsidedown on each side, say a donzi named "off like a prom dress" got a good laugh from that one

kwik_uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

As a huge Transformers fan, and also having a white, yellow and black Dateline Bikini with a Merc tower of power, the name had to be Bumblebee. Even got the Autobots emblem as the wheel centre :D

cruzin1a

Cadet

I am trying to come up with a name for our 21' Cruisers Rogue 2120. I thought about the following and I am not sure if it has been posted here. It's kind of a joke around the office, "Dr Summersoff"

J-Sap

Recruit

Since my wife always referred to my ATV as my mistress, which evolved into "dirty mistress", I felt only fitting that my boat should be called "Wet Mistress".

TBarCYa

Senior Chief Petty Officer

When I was a kid, my grandmother won the lottery and bought a house near the beach and called it the 'Lottie House'. After she passed away, the house was sold and my kids only got a couple years to enjoy their time at the beach house but they still enjoy the time on the water aboard the 'Lottie-Da'

Lakemeadan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Piranha, after I put a cute Piranha sticker over the ugly patched up hole I put in it. Good name for a Searay 185.

88wellcraft

Petty Officer 1st Class

I heard a good one a while back, about a guy who named his boat "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY".<br /><br />Everyone thought it was pretty funny until the first time he used his VHF. Needless to say, Coastguard were not very amused and he had to rename very quickly...

Boy...this is a long lasting thread.......The admiral and i found and bought a boat on May 1st....she though we should name it "Mayday".....i explained to her that would not be a very good idea:eek:

Undercurrent70

Recruit

Just got my first boat, a 1989 Bayliner Capri and since Im a bartender am trying to incorporate that into the boats name without being too obvious.So far Ive come up with:

Bottoms Up
On The Rocks
Rum Runner
Last Call
and
Intoxicologist

Which ones do you like the best?

badkins50

Senior Chief Petty Officer

update - got a new to us boat and the name of this one is "jus keep swimmin'" and seen in avatar. the kids think it's form the movie nemo but I tell them its a reminder if they fall over board:facepalm:.

Lakemeadan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just got my first boat, a 1989 Bayliner Capri and since Im a bartender am trying to incorporate that into the boats name without being too obvious.So far Ive come up with:

Bottoms Up
On The Rocks
Rum Runner
Last Call
and
Intoxicologist

Which ones do you like the best?

On The Rocks
because you will eventually.