Boat Names

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Boat Names

The first time I took my daughter & some of her friends (age 13) out for tubing in the old bass boat they immediately christened it "****Raft."<br /><br />Of course that's just a nickname, sort of private joke, mostly I just call her Ol' Blue (the boat, not the daughter).<br /><br />edit: that's "P-I-M-P"

evets358

Recruit

I saw this on the side of a boat with a picture of popeye on it years ago. The name struck me as being quite odd and for some reason it stuck in my mind. I didnt work it out until quite recently. The name: Whale oil beef hooked.

BENTPROP

Cadet

My boat is only a 16 ft. long jon boat. I often fish with much larger boats so I named my ship --<br /> " SIZE DOESN'T MATTER". I rarely get checked by the water police- just a laugh and a thumbs up from them

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 14' bayliner with a 48hp Johnson.....thought about naming it "Lil Johnson" but since I'm still single, I decided against it! :D <br /><br />It already has a small sticker on one rear corner that says "Stupid should hurt" (and it does) so I think I'll keep that for now. :cool:

d67bart

Cadet

Bought an old 16' Skeeter Baron with a 40 Hp Mariner from my brother-in-law. They named it "Sweet Baby". I've got a three year old son who after watching Finding Nemo want to go on a boat ride every day. Since his boat sounds more like the little fish in the movie when they come up on the boat at the drop off , I'll be re-naming it to "My Boys' Boit"

cdivrmike

Seaman

That's funny you should mention Nemo cause my wife wants to name our 19'CC "The Butt" From the movie

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

Back in the 90's I finally got a low time 1968 21' Aluminum Cherokee daycruiser with a Chevy 4cyl Mercruiser I'd lusted after for about 6 years. The first time I saw it back in the 80's all freshened up, I fell in love with it.<br /><br />Finally seperated it from the guy for $500 after he'd let it set full of rainwater (over the engine) and sink in the yard for a few years.<br /><br />I totally re-did it and named it 'Teddy', because its a rough riding SOB.<br /><br />I'm just about finished with a 16' single seat hydroplane pushed by a 150 Merc. Its been named 'Poco Loco'.<br /><br /><br />Ed.

Link

Rear Admiral

One of the cutest Ive seen is from a guy who owns a buisness and keeps his boat there about a mile from here.26-28 flybridge on a trailer. Normally you have the boat name on top and your port or town of call under it.<br />My case <br />Baby<br />Lakewood WA <br /><br />his case<br /><br />Instant Fun<br />"Just add Water"<br /><br />I always thought that was cute!

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Saw one last weekend that I thought was pretty cute:<br />Jamaican Me Crazy

wally jr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

scraped up some money with my wife and bought a 22' cierra for 3,900. all my friends had boats, NICE BOATS! and a couple of them would pass remarks and i would say it's "this or nothing" so my italian grandfather says "o-gist-o-gotz" this or nothing....

crzywvguy

Cadet

My buddy called his "The Other Woman", his wife is always saying that he is out with the other woman of his life.

Bowfin

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My beat old 1973 14 ft. Jon's name is "Turn Me Over" written upside down. May come in handy if I ever fish Santee Cooper with it.<br /><br />Bowfin

ndemge

Commander

cdivrmike !! My wife does the same.<br /><br />"he touched the butt"

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Wife nick-named my 1987 21' cuddy cabin "Lawn Ornament" since it sat in our back yard for the past year while I worked on it...now that it is (sorta) running I was thinking of naming it after my wife - "Cranky Old B!" I am gonna have to take her (the boat) out a few more times and see what "personality" she has before I finalize a name.<br /><br />-JustMrWill

surfdaddie

Cadet

I my uncle named his 36 Pacifica Sport fisher "Yachts of fun" I think it sounds cool

skeezx01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

To quote Forrest Gump<br />"There was only one name I could think of."<br />JENNY