Yamaha Outboard Motor Forums

robert graham

Admiral
Have the Yamaha Outboard Motor Forums been discontinued?.....I haven't been able to bring it up for over a week or more!
What gives with these forums????

robert graham

Admiral
Are you using a bookmark or favorite to access https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...zuki-outboards ? Bookmarks and favorite become outdated over time.

The only thing wrong is posting in the wrong place, this will be moved here - Forum and Website Issues.

I do have Yamaha Outboard Motor Forums bookmarked as one of my favorite forums, just like iboats forums but it won't come up?.....maybe this is operator error or I thought maybe they were working on their site???? Wonder if anyone else is having this issue or is it just me???? Thanks for moving this post to the correct area....Thanks for your thoughts or ideas...
Robert

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I went to the Yammie forum section from the Home page. Try that way, your bookmark may need refreshed.

The last post in the section was on the 18th and we haven't had other complaints. Try the Home page and scroll down to the Yamaha section.

robert graham

Admiral
Well, I'll just keep trying.....could be operator error in my case?....... Normally the first 2 sites I check each morning is Iboats forums and Yamaha Outboard Motor Forums, so I'll keep trying....Thanks for your help/ideas....

emoney

Commander
Yeah, I just went in there from the main Forum menu without any issue. Refresh as suggested or go through the Home page.

GA_Boater

Flush your browser cache. Sometimes leftover browser bits clog up Internet paths. The section has had activity today, so it's working.

Or try another browser if you have one. BTW - What browser are you using?

GA_Boater

Chrome? Make sure it's up to date. Chrome had a version with faulty and overactive security and it was toned down with a later update.

robert graham

Admiral
Chrome? Make sure it's up to date. Chrome had a version with faulty and overactive security and it was toned down with a later update.

Thanks for your help on this and I'll try chrome and others....I'll admit to being challenged on electronics issues....

southkogs

Staff member
robert graham

I was just able to access it using Chrome, Safari and Firefox on a Mac platform. I think it's working right. Not sure what's causing you to not be able to see it. Do you have a second computer or tablet you can try from. Don't worry about logging in, just see if you can see the forum.

robert graham

Admiral
robert graham

I was just able to access it using Chrome, Safari and Firefox on a Mac platform. I think it's working right. Not sure what's causing you to not be able to see it. Do you have a second computer or tablet you can try from. Don't worry about logging in, just see if you can see the forum.

Thanks, and I'll try it on my wife's later model I-pad on Chrome and Safari.....I'll keep you posted...

robert graham

Admiral
robert graham

Thanks, and I'll try it on my wife's later model I-pad on Chrome and Safari.....I'll keep you posted...

robert graham

Admiral
My Yamaha Outboard Forums are back up and running!...,they explained that it was down for maintenance last couple of weeks, but all is O.K. Now!!!.....

achris

More fish than mountain goat
If you don't have Chrome on your computer, don't put it on. If you already have it, don't remove it! Just leave it there, and start using another browser...

So, why I say this? Because Chrome has a very nasty little bit of code in the uninstaller. When you attempt to remove it (using the package uninstaller) it deletes all the MS Office file associations. I had it happen on 2 different computers, so it wasn't a glitch. It's like Chrome giving you the finger on its way out the door. Nasty!. Rebuilding all those file associations again is a pain in the proverbial...

So, I NEVER will install Chrome on anything I use or an responsible for maintaining. And if it's already there, the desktop shortcut gets deleted, the shortcuts in the program menu lists also gets deleted,the bookmarks and history get deleted, and the program just quietly dies of old age.

Chris....

Fun Times

Staff member
[B said:
robert graham;n10920122]Normally the first 2 sites I check each morning is Iboats forums and Yamaha Outboard Motor Forums, [/B][/U]so I'll keep trying....Thanks for your help/ideas....
Just to help clear up some of the confusion in this thread, Robert is asking about another boating website that talks about Yamaha Outboard only type issues forum put up by an iboats store competitor named Boats . net which is called Yamaha Outboard Forum , https://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/ ... Not iboats Yamaha & Suzuki Outboards ;)

And it looks like they were down for about 2 weeks as Robert found out today as is happy once again ;),,,what happened to the web site the last 2 weeks

The links given here may or may not work here as boats . net is usually *** out here.

I'll added that some of the old members from here (like rodbolt17 and a few others) that drifted over there that post there are missed here as well.

It's okay robert graham , we all have other forums we like to frequent as well as iboats & we're glad you're here too. :tea:

GA_Boater

You mean I've been advising how to fix another forum. I don't get paid enough to fix this forum let alone another one.

Thanks for being clear when multiple members keep saying OUR Yammie forum is working just fine and you didn't correct our misguided attempt to help you. :mad:

Thanks for clearing up the mystery, FT. I moved this thread again because OUR Yamaha forum works fine.