Goodbye Engine

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
What is most noticeable to me (Besides the motor falling off) is two young girls sitting on the side edges of that boat which is a dangerous place to sit when under power and worst of all not wearing a PFD.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I guess you can't mount outboards with bolts on rubber boats.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
this has been going around facetube for a while. however if you dont clamp the outboard, it will come off.

this is not the first selfie induced boat riding forgot to clamp outboard post out there.....

and it wont be the last.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I thought the boat would slow down quicker than is shown in this video.------Think Fake ?

kenny nunez

Captain
I wonder what they can do to be able to obtain a replacement? They look like they could come up with a suggestion.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Based on the reactions of the girls (or lack of) I'm going to call 'set up' on this...

More fakery from the interweb facetube nuisance.

Chris.......

And to the person who commented about the sitting positions, you've obviously never ridden in a puff up boat... There isn't anywhere else to sit when drivering. The inflatable tubes are designed to be sat on! The only thing they got wrong was the girl on the starboard side should have been drivering, not the one on the port.

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
Based on the reactions of the girls (or lack of) I'm going to call 'set up' on this...

More fakery from the interweb facetube nuisance.

Chris.......

And to the person who commented about the sitting positions, you've obviously never ridden in a puff up boat... There isn't anywhere else to sit when drivering. The inflatable tubes are designed to be sat on! The only thing they got wrong was the girl on the starboard side should have been drivering, not the one on the port.

As I said the worst thing about it was neither girl while riding in the dangerous position was NOT WEARING A PFD. And I long ago owned an inflatable similar to that. The back seating platform or board was close enough to the transom and motor so I could tiller steer from it.
If one or both girls sitting there got tossed off the boat without a PFD they could easily drown especially if the boat kept going or worse if it circled and ran over them (I doubt they had a kill lanyard). They got a lot wrong. The whole situation is an example of what not to do in and around a boat