Goodbye Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Engine

I know this has been discussed before; but....

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=ICQv_1589445313

A new beginning....

What is most noticeable to me (Besides the motor falling off) is two young girls sitting on the side edges of that boat which is a dangerous place to sit when under power and worst of all not wearing a PFD.

Comment

I guess you can't mount outboards with bolts on rubber boats.
      2019 SeaRay SPX 190 OB & Mercury 150 4-Stroke & Merc 5.0 Kicker
      2017 Boston Whaler 150 Montauk & Mercury 60 ELPT Command Thrust & Merc 3.5 Kicker
      2015 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
      1964 Sea Nymph 14R & 1970 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5
      1960 Mulray 100 Dinghy, equipped with Beaver Oars
      1952 Lyman 15' Mid Steer & Evinrude Big Twin 25
      69 Outboards: 1919-2019, representing 11 manufacturers
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Member ACBS, LBOA, AOMCI

Comment

this has been going around facetube for a while. however if you dont clamp the outboard, it will come off.

this is not the first selfie induced boat riding forgot to clamp outboard post out there.....

and it wont be the last.
        Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
        1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
        2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
        1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I thought the boat would slow down quicker than is shown in this video.------Think Fake ?

Comment

I wonder what they can do to be able to obtain a replacement? They look like they could come up with a suggestion.
            Kenner, Louisiana 1980 Donzi 18'. 2+3 6.2 MPI Alpha 1

Comment

Based on the reactions of the girls (or lack of) I'm going to call 'set up' on this...

More fakery from the interweb facetube nuisance.

Chris.......

And to the person who commented about the sitting positions, you've obviously never ridden in a puff up boat... There isn't anywhere else to sit when drivering. The inflatable tubes are designed to be sat on! The only thing they got wrong was the girl on the starboard side should have been drivering, not the one on the port.
              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              The world takes on a whole new perspective when viewed from 100’ below.
              1972 Bertram ‘Bahia Mar’ 20
              2006 Mercruiser 4.3MPI (0W617679) w/Alpha One Gen II (0W829301)
              (Original - 1972 '165' In-line 6. Previous - 1994 4.3LX)

Comment

A tether rope on engine would save heartache.
                The older I get,the less I care what people think.....Central NC

Comment

Originally posted by achris View Post
                  Based on the reactions of the girls (or lack of) I'm going to call 'set up' on this...

More fakery from the interweb facetube nuisance.

Chris.......

And to the person who commented about the sitting positions, you've obviously never ridden in a puff up boat... There isn't anywhere else to sit when drivering. The inflatable tubes are designed to be sat on! The only thing they got wrong was the girl on the starboard side should have been drivering, not the one on the port.
                  As I said the worst thing about it was neither girl while riding in the dangerous position was NOT WEARING A PFD. And I long ago owned an inflatable similar to that. The back seating platform or board was close enough to the transom and motor so I could tiller steer from it.
                  If one or both girls sitting there got tossed off the boat without a PFD they could easily drown especially if the boat kept going or worse if it circled and ran over them (I doubt they had a kill lanyard). They got a lot wrong. The whole situation is an example of what not to do in and around a boat

Comment

Working...
                  X