Poor guy had a bad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSGOLD

Chief Petty Officer
Last fall me and the wife were putting our boat in at Woodrums Lake in Jackson County. Woodrums is a long, narrow lake but deep. A fellow came in as we were preparing to launch and he was rowing a 12' flat bottom boat with a single oar. We asked how he did and he told us "not good". He had taken his boat all the way to the end of the lake near the dam that morning, and when he did not do very well he headed back. His gas motor failed about 1/3 rd of the way back, then his electric trolling motor failed about the halfway point. He used his single oar to get back but about 150 yards from shore a game warden stopped him and checked his boat. No flotation devices of any kind and 2 other problems got him a citation. So, yes, he did have a BAD DAY.

SeaCrow

Cadet
I had a water pump fail and was towed in by a game warden who also issued me a citation for improper registration numbers, but even that wasn't that bad..

tramsdell

Banned
Just when i think im being too obsessive about my gear , i see some story like this. I'll continue to have extra redundancy and safety gear.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I know 1st hand you can't row a 19' boat with a single oar, errr padle. What's the odds you run out of gas with 2 engines and the trolling motor batteries are dead? It can and did happen. It won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.