Darwin Award Nominee?

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
I towed a 1800 lb total weight Glasspar 18" outboard 75 miles each way with a little 6-cyl 100 hp 1957 Mercedes sedan that didn't weigh much more. No problems, but then I was much younger and crazy as hell ;-)

76Terry

Cadet
Sad reality is they will probably be fine if something goes wrong. It will be somebody next to them that gets hurt.

MRS

Commander
We're gonna need longer safety chains Bubba. I never towed a thing way back when. What did you guys use to tow those big heavy glass boats before everyone needed a 500 HP, 1 ton Hemi powered 4X4 with 22" off road rubber to pull a 17' tinny?

Had a 19' Tahiti 68 with a omc weight was I have no idea but was heavy. Pulled it with a Chevy Blazer K5 4x4 350 best vehicle I ever had not fuel friendly but gas was cheap then.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Observations.--------Not a heavy boat.-----It appears to be at a campground .----Just moving it to the storage compound.----And there are those who are very good with comphutors and photoshop too.

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
You all missed one key factor as his speed increases the Bimini top produces lift and the actual towing weight decreases enough that he is well within GVW specs for the tow rig.