No announcement yet.

Darwin Award Nominee?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you just imagine how fast that little caster wheel will be turning at highway speeds? Even high speed bearings would melt sooner or later.
    Tom Boy Boat Project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...s-what-trailer
    Rebuilt trailer project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/gener...r-back-to-life
    '76 40 HP Johnson rebuild https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...mplete-rebuild
    Minn Kota 599 Project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ta-599-project

Comment

We're gonna need longer safety chains Bubba. I never towed a thing way back when. What did you guys use to tow those big heavy glass boats before everyone needed a 500 HP, 1 ton Hemi powered 4X4 with 22" off road rubber to pull a 17' tinny?
      Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Comment

K-cars.
        2002 Bryant 188 4.3MPI

Comment

About an '06 Tacoma - not very far or comfortable. With the new Tundra, would go much farther than the trailer would want to.

Comment

In the early 70's my '64 T-Bird had no issues with my 17' Deep V fiberglass tub.
            - Eric

Somers, WI

Old enough to know better - but crazy enough to try anyway

Comment

I towed a 1800 lb total weight Glasspar 18" outboard 75 miles each way with a little 6-cyl 100 hp 1957 Mercedes sedan that didn't weigh much more. No problems, but then I was much younger and crazy as hell ;-)
              Mariah Shabah Z202 5.7L Mercruiser B3
              Jensen Marine 1972 Cal 21 cabin sloop
              Retired EE of 45 years

Comment

Sad reality is they will probably be fine if something goes wrong. It will be somebody next to them that gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Ironmaker View Post
                  We're gonna need longer safety chains Bubba. I never towed a thing way back when. What did you guys use to tow those big heavy glass boats before everyone needed a 500 HP, 1 ton Hemi powered 4X4 with 22" off road rubber to pull a 17' tinny?
                  Had a 19' Tahiti 68 with a omc weight was I have no idea but was heavy. Pulled it with a Chevy Blazer K5 4x4 350 best vehicle I ever had not fuel friendly but gas was cheap then.

Comment

Doesn't look like a "Smart" idea to me..

Comment

Observations.--------Not a heavy boat.-----It appears to be at a campground .----Just moving it to the storage compound.----And there are those who are very good with comphutors and photoshop too.

Comment

You all missed one key factor as his speed increases the Bimini top produces lift and the actual towing weight decreases enough that he is well within GVW specs for the tow rig.

Comment

Found another nominee

Click image for larger version

Name:	darwin 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	10704173
                          - Eric

Somers, WI

Comment

Originally posted by oldrem View Post
                            Found another nominee

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":10704173**[/ATTACH]
                            That is one I've got to think about. OK; I thought!

Comment

Uh Oh - and the nominees are stacking up

Click image for larger version

Name:	51822122_10216173857876590_78006102268051456_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	10704581
                              - Eric

Somers, WI

Comment

Working...
                              X